Nexus 5: Yellow Screen

vanhoud

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I use CM11 with Chaos kernel. It comes with its own tweak app that includes color profiles

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Second RMA for a black 32 GB just received today. Another **** yellow screen!

Luckily the problems of my original aren't especially crippling or I'd be extremely annoyed at this point.

Samar Basrai

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
mine was the 6th RMA and still with a yellow screen.
My initial phone was 311k S/N rest all with 312k .the last one I received today was 403K.
so I guess LG/Google have changed their LCDs for all new ones.....:(

quailallstar

Jan 13, 2011
www.volkswagen.de
I just got a new white 32gig 403k serial and it also looks warmer when compared to my LG Optimus G Pro :/ Might have to root so I can fix this.

LG Optimus G Pro - Beanstalk 4.4 Bitches!

Sony Xperia Z1 LTE C6906

mospamo

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I found this thread/forum after I received a replacement phone for my previous Nexus 5 that had nothing to do with the screen and just wanted to update everyone on Google's current stance toward the issue. They are NOT replacing phones that have the yellow screen.

After receiving my new (refurbished) phone and before sending my old one back, I had them both on at the same time and was backing up/installing all my pics, etc when I had the same wallpaper image on both and noticed a definite dullness and yellow greenish tint on the replacement phone. A quick search showed that it is a common problem but not affecting all phones. It is most apparent on white areas of the screen and very dull looking compared to my old phone. The serial number of the yellow screen starts with 04913. Sorry, did not think to check the older (good screen) before sending it back but it was purchased the first week the Nexus 5 went on sale from Google Play store.

When I called Google to see what could be done, I was told that this was considered a cosmetic issue and they would not replace it. The rep said he would check with the tech department and confirmed that this is only cosmetic, no replacement will be given. Seems they have either changed their stance since many others have been able to get replacements in the past.

mospamo

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I found this thread/forum after I received a replacement phone for my previous Nexus 5 that had nothing to do with the screen and just wanted to update everyone on Google's current stance toward the issue. They are NOT replacing phones that have the yellow screen.

After receiving my new (refurbished) phone and before sending my old one back, I had them both on at the same time and was backing up/installing all my pics, etc when I had the same wallpaper image on both and noticed a definite dullness and yellow greenish tint on the replacement phone. A quick search showed that it is a common problem but not affecting all phones. It is most apparent on white areas of the screen and very dull looking compared to my old phone. The serial number of the yellow screen starts with 04913. Sorry, did not think to check the older (good screen) before sending it back but it was purchased the first week the Nexus 5 went on sale from Google Play store.

When I called Google to see what could be done, I was told that this was considered a cosmetic issue and they would not replace it. The rep said he would check with the tech department and confirmed that this is only cosmetic, no replacement will be given. Seems they have either changed their stance since many others have been able to get replacements in the past.

Picassimo

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Ordered my Nexus 5 at launch and within 1-week I received it. Had it for almost 1-year but the past few months have seen battery life averaging about 8-hours before charging was required. I've sent out for a replacement within my 1-year warranty and received a yellow tinted refurbished phone. Sent photos to a Google rep who agreed the refurb was defective. Got a 2nd one in the mail a few days ago and same story. So I've taken more pictures, and this time included my wife's Nexus 5 for comparison.

May just hold off until the OTA Lollipop comes in and hopefully fix my battery issue, as the yellow tint screen is simply nasty to look at and use.

DSCN6228.jpgDSCN6230.jpgDSCN6232.jpg