Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Default Help plzz

Is there any app that can trick my phone that im using wifi insted mobile data ??

see there are few apps that requires wifi Wiout wifi it wont play anything and i wanna use my mobile data cuz its better n faster then wifi so u guys know any solution ??please help thanks

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Help plzz

A meaningful subject would be a good starting point.

Usually, apps need WiFi to download large files (upon initial install) - but for playing, they usually don't need WiFi, and will work fine with mobile data. What app is insisting on WiFi connection to use?

see there are few apps that requires wifi Wiout wifi it wont play anything and i wanna use my mobile data
    I am not aware of any apps that are wifi only. Can you advise which ones you are referring to?
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Xfinity TV and yeah like a large files too but I'm trying to play xfinity while on the go and it always required WiFi. Won't work without WiFi unless there is a trick that I don't know help guys thanks

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shahid99 View Post
    Xfinity TV and yeah like a large files too but I'm trying to play xfinity while on the go and it always required WiFi. Won't work without WiFi unless there is a trick that I don't know help guys thanks
    The Xfinity TV Go app does not require WiFi only. Although I only use WiFi with this app to save network data usage, it will stream using the cell network. There are no tricks or special settings to do this; the app will warn you first that you are about to stream using the cell network if there is no WiFi connection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Ok I attached the screen shot please help me how to get rid of it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help plzz-screenshot_2014-01-05-18-48-58.png  

Go to Settings -> Data Usage and make sure that Mobile Data is turned on.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Of course my mobile data is on I'm using it right now posting a post here from my nexus 5 without WiFi on

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Here's the screen I get. If I select 'always' or 'just once', it streams over the cell network. There must be some setting on your phone which is blocking it.

I am not aware of the app however I did notice Gwaron is on LTE rather than H. Could that be the problem?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It is possible that they might want to restrict streaming to folks who have xfinity internet service at home.
    In other words, they don't want somebody who has their internet service and is eligible to stream, to share their ID/pwd with non-customers and letting them stream over mobile data. So, they check to see if the wifi connection is going thru' their router/ISP.

If that is the case, you really don't have many options. You could set up a VPN router on your home network, and VPN into it using your mobile connection. That way, the app thinks that you are in fact on your home network, and should allow you to connect.

This may be a provider related issue. Who is your provider?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
    It is possible that they might want to restrict streaming to folks who have xfinity internet service at home.
    In other words, they don't want somebody who has their internet service and is eligible to stream, to share their ID/pwd with non-customers and letting them stream over mobile data. So, they check to see if the wifi connection is going thru' their router/ISP.

If that is the case, you really don't have many options. You could set up a VPN router on your home network, and VPN into it using your mobile connection. That way, the app thinks that you are in fact on your home network, and should allow you to connect.
    To address some of these questions, you must enter by your Xfinity account login information to use the app, and use this app mainly when on travel. It is not dependent upon the connection being through their router or ISP.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaron View Post
    To address some of these questions, you must enter by your Xfinity account login information to use the app, and use this app mainly when on travel. It is not dependent upon the connection being through their router or ISP.
    oh, ok. I know that Verizon restricts usage for a lot of channels to devices on the home network (limited number of channels can be streamed when on a different network) - hence the question.
    But if xfinity doesn't do that, the issue may be different

Quote Originally Posted by shahid99 View Post
    Of course my mobile data is on I'm using it right now posting a post here from my nexus 5 without WiFi on
    Sorry, but you didn't give us much to go on.

My guess is that you may have accidentally answered "No" at some point to the "Use your mobile data connection..." query. I suggest that you go to Settings _> Apps -> Xfinity TV and Clear data, Clear cache, & Clear defaults. Then open the app and try it again.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

i tried everything still same ... does it works for u guys without wifi ??

here i found the article might help u guys to help me out what to do.. i dont know it is allowed to post link of the other webside or not so i just copied this

This week’s App of the Week is the perfect companion for watching live TV on your iOS or Android device…so long as you’re a Comcast subscriber. Xfinity TV Go is Comcast’s latest revision of its streaming solution for subscribers to its cable service.
    geekwireappThe marquee new feature from Comcast’s update is the ability to stream up to 35 channels of live TV to your iPhone, iPad or Android device, including ESPN, CNN and the Disney Channel, so long as you’re already paying Comcast for a subscription to the channel you want to stream. As before, you’re also able to get access to Comcast’s Xfinity On Demand catalog on your mobile device.
    Xfinity TV Go only works on a wi-fi connection, unless you’re a Verizon Wireless customer, in which case it’s possible to use their cellular network. Even so, as any frequent traveler will tell you, looking to get network coverage outside your home that’s good enough for you to stream video can be a challenge. But if you can manage it, the app can provide you with live streaming TV from your Comcast subscription while you’re killing time at Starbucks.
    With that said, the app seems to be best suited to easing tensions that come up from multiple people in the same place wanting to watch different shows at the same time. Sometimes, there comes a moment in a one-TV household when one person wants to watch the news, and another wants to watch a big game. Xfinity TV Go eases some of that tension by creating another screen that’s available for live TV viewing without requiring a second TV.
    You won’t have access to AirPlay or Chromecast streaming through the app, though, which is a major sticking point for a number of reviewers of the app on iTunes. Personally, I don’t see why you would want to stream video to a television that’s theoretically connected to your cable to begin with, unless you want to bring ESPN over to a cable-less friend or something similar.

This was in the article..may be your issue.

"Xfinity TV Go only works on a wi-fi connection, unless you’re a Verizon Wireless customer, in which case it’s possible to use their cellular network."