MMS Straight Talk Issue. CORRECT APN SETTINGS

Patricia OHara

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
For anyone having issues FINDING the APN settings - look under Settings, Mobile data, APN - this on a T-Mobile Straight Talk nano sim. I popped the above settings in after adding the info and it worked immediately.

meekmonk

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Thank you SO much! You'really a life saver. I spent an hr on phone w/Straight Talk during which he did nothing...& then I got disconnected.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I finally fixed MMS for my friend with a Nexus 5 and Straight Talk (ST) (AT&T SIM). Go to the ST site and enter your phone number and Phone OS (Android 4.0 & Later) details and follow the APN instructions EXACTLY as ST site gives you and enter a new APN. Also delete ANY AND ALL old APNs. Use official Google Messenger Text App. a phone Reboot may be necessary.

StraightTalk.com--->Support--->HOW TO UPDATE DATA SETTINGS

APN SETTINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Fportal%2Fhome%2Fsupport%2Fapn&token=KSf63sRd

don't enter random message board settings. follow the ST APN settings instructions per their site.

DragonFireHeart

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I have an ASUS Zenfone 2 and on straight talk. I have found that sometimes I am not receiving all my text messages. I confirmed that everything is updated on my phone. I am using the Messenger (google) app for my texts.
My Current APN Settings:
Name: Straight Talk
APN: tfdata
Proxy: Not set
Port: 80
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http: // mms-tf .net <<no spaces>>
MMS proxy: mms3. tracfone. com <<no spaces>>
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: PAP
APN type: default,supl,mms,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: unspecified
MVNO type: None
MVNO value: Not set

crexton

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the zmax, I see some people fixed theirs. But can someone PLEASE give me detailed instructions? Not exactly computer savvy. Thanks!

Matthew H1

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the noob question but what is Straight Talk and what is it good for? I have T-Mobile on my N5 - should I switch to Straight Talk?

Kathy McG

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying for the last week to figure out the correct settings for my AT&T Galaxy S5 Active. I was really hesitant that it would work since your settings were nothing at all what I was instructed to do via Straight Talk.

Thanks so much for sharing.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I have an ASUS Zenfone 2 and on straight talk. I have found that sometimes I am not receiving all my text messages. I confirmed that everything is updated on my phone. I am using the Messenger (google) app for my texts.
My Current APN Settings:
Name: Straight Talk
APN: tfdata
Proxy: Not set
Port: 80
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http: // mms-tf .net <<no spaces>>
MMS proxy: mms3. tracfone. com <<no spaces>>
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: PAP
APN type: default,supl,mms,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: unspecified
MVNO type: None
MVNO value: Not set
This isn't t working for my wife's phone. Same scenario,

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Ruben_915

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
These settings i posted screenshots of worked for me. I had the same problem. It did take a couple days of searching multiple sources. The APN settings I got off Straight Talk's website didn't work. Neither did the APN settings they sent to my phone via text.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 224106.jpg
    224106.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 224105.jpg
    224105.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 224104.jpg
    224104.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

01r6cle

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
UGH!!!! Been trying for 2 days to get MMS to work without success. Until just now that is. I managed to get two settings to work and can sen/receive MMS with either. These are not LTE settings, only 4G but work nonetheless.
#1:
Name **** doesn't matter what you put here****
APN
att.mvno
Proxy
Not set
Port
Not set
UN
Not set
PW
Not set
Server
Not set
MMSC
h t t p:// mmsc. cingular. com (remove spaces)
Mms Proxy
Mms port
MCC
MNC
Auth Type
Not set
APN type
default,supl,mms
APN Protocol
IPv4 (if you have to set it)
Everything else leave alone

Name
Doesn't matter
APN
att.mvno
Proxy
Not set
Port
Not set
UN
Not set
PW
Not set
Server
Not set
MMSC
h t t p:// mmsc. cingular. com (remove spaces)
MMS proxy
mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port
MCC
MNC
Auth type
Not set
APN type
default,hipri,mms,supl
APN protocol (if you have to set it)
IPv4
The rest leave alone.

Both tested and working to send/receive MMSon my S5 Active (G870A) 10/6/2015. Hopefully this helps others not have to go through what I did.
Peace! :cool:

Ruben_915

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Ruben_915 : Do you get LTE with these settings?

My wife and mother in law are having mms troubles recently after the TFDATA apn working for more than a year.

Yeah I do get LTE, and so does my wife's Moto X. Sometimes pictures take a little longer to send than it should. But everything works great.

Posted via Android Central App

BrianM71

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Ruben_915 : Do you get LTE with these settings?

My wife and mother in law are having mms troubles recently after the TFDATA apn working for more than a year.

Same here. TFDATA settings were working great on my N5 and my wife's HTC M8 for over a year. Then all of the sudden (a week ago), we both stopped getting MMS messages. Literally, same day, same time. Getting "Error downloading...." Still haven't figured this out.

pcguywilson

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I created an account to post here and say this is happening to alot of people. There is a discussion on reddit right now and on the straight talk forums. I cant give you links since my account is new but can PM them if needed. You should be able to find on google, just search for stuff from the last week. No one has a solution and between calling the customer service and the straight talk employees on the forum no actual progress has been made. They keep requesting to take the conversation offline and no one has reported back with a working solution, however I encourage you to post on the ST forums hoping if enough people speak up saying they have issues, Straight Talk will fix the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699