MMS Straight Talk Issue. CORRECT APN SETTINGS

Ray K1

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I spent 4 hours on the phone with the Straight Talk and I finally got the correct APN settings for my Google Nexus 5 phone to send and receive MMS messages. I was really frustrating dealing with the high call volume issues that Staight Talks Customer Service experiences, but everyone I actually talked to was the typical customer service niceness. Faked, but pleasant. Here are the screen shots of my settings and Ill type them out as well. This is for the AT&T micro sim card inserted into a Google nexus 5 phone. 4.4 Android. Screenshot_2014-01-03-21-09-21.jpg
Screenshot_2014-01-03-21-09-27.jpgScreenshot_2014-01-03-21-09-31.jpg

Name=Straight Talk APN=tfdata Proxy=not set Port=Not set

Username=not set Password=not set Server=Not Set MMSC= http://mms-tf.net

MMS proxy = mms3.tracfone.com MMS PORT=80 MCC=310 MNC=410

Authentication Type=PAP APN type=default,supl,mms,hipri APN Protocol=IPv4 APN Roaming Protocol=IPv4

Bearer= unspecified MVNO type=None

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-03-21-09-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-03-21-09-27.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 319

Ray K1

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm really glad it worked for you guys. It was unreal, how frustrating it was to figure this out. I can not believe they do not have these settings posted somewhere. I'm sure they've had others with this problem, before I called. But Straight talk acted like I was the first person to ever call about this issue. The supervisor I finally talked to, went through the process for at least 25 minutes on the phone. Make sure if you call them, that you call from a different phone, so you can input what they are telling you into your new phone. This is a great deal for the price. Just crappy that we are the guinea pigs for a huge company.

teamnowak

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I tried these (along with at least 100 other configurations of settings found online) and they didn't work. I have a new ST ATT SIM and a Nexus 5 running 4.4.2 and I cannot get MMS to work. Does anybody have any other suggestions? I tried calling ST's "customer service" and was told essentially that everything was fine and that they don't know what the settings should be. I think I have to go back to T-Mobile which I'd rather not do because they are crappy service in my area.

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I tried these (along with at least 100 other configurations of settings found online) and they didn't work. I have a new ST ATT SIM and a Nexus 5 running 4.4.2 and I cannot get MMS to work. Does anybody have any other suggestions? I tried calling ST's "customer service" and was told essentially that everything was fine and that they don't know what the settings should be. I think I have to go back to T-Mobile which I'd rather not do because they are crappy service in my area.

According to Straight Talk's website, I can take up to a few days for MMS to start working. How long have you had your current SIM?

Posted from my Nexus 5

Prodeje79

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
My MMS hasnt worked since I went to my N5 from the N4. I also changed to the LTE ATT SIM at the same time. I was in the middle of a 6 month Straight Talk card. I've heard that the MMS issue is resolved the next time you use a new Straight Talk card/pin. I will be getting one in a few days as my 6 months card is up.

Did you have a long term 6 month plan or something similar?
I've spent countless time with ST on the phone and tons of APNs as well without resolution....
In the end they say MMS is not supported.....

teamnowak

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
My MMS hasnt worked since I went to my N5 from the N4. I also changed to the LTE ATT SIM at the same time. I was in the middle of a 6 month Straight Talk card. I've heard that the MMS issue is resolved the next time you use a new Straight Talk card/pin. I will be getting one in a few days as my 6 months card is up.

Did you have a long term 6 month plan or something similar?
I've spent countless time with ST on the phone and tons of APNs as well without resolution....
In the end they say MMS is not supported.....

I'm about a month in to a three month card. I have heard that it might get fixed after using a new card. If I got a one month card and added it, does that just add to my time? Would that maybe help?

flipped4dinc

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Not sure if this helps, but I found that MMS works in Hangouts ONLY if I have mobile data enabled. Weird.

Not doubting the OP, but I did find the ST APN settings through their website. Also they had a handy (but confusing at first) app that walks you through APN settings. Both options had identical APN settings, but slightly different then posted above.

Prodeje79

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I added my new card to my reserve. Still no dice. I bet it will work once it is officially using the new card in a few days. I will report back.

teamnowak

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I added my new card to my reserve. Still no dice. I bet it will work once it is officially using the new card in a few days. I will report back.

Sorry to hear that. I'm at the end of my rope with this thing. ST is a really crappy service for anyone else looking into it. I'll ride out the remaining two months that I paid for (without picture messaging - or convince everyone to use WhatsApp), but it will be adios after that.

Prodeje79

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I'm at the end of my rope with this thing. ST is a really crappy service for anyone else looking into it. I'll ride out the remaining two months that I paid for (without picture messaging - or convince everyone to use WhatsApp), but it will be adios after that.
It has been a pain without the MMS, but other than that I've been happy. If I was a 13 year old girl who texted a lot I could feel the pain more (no offense). I just asked people to email me pics, which seemed to provide me with higher resolution photos than MMS. I enjoy the ATT LTE service and speeds for at most $43/month with tax. It's even cheaper when I find 3 month and 6 month deals.....

I will report back on 1/11/14 or 1/12/14 when my new card starts. If this indeed fixes it, I will escalate with Straight Talk support. The fix would be easy, reset and add back a new service "pin" to impacted users. Nothing may come from it, but I will try! Worst case I won't buy long term cards if I have plans to get a new sim/phone.

mcshaggin

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My wife had issues with her MMS but after trying every combination of APN settings in these forums I was able to finally figure it out. I don't remember what she has but I have the above setttings on my N4 and pics come in fine. I understand the frustration but feel I could sacrifice some pics over a $20 month (per phone) savings by going with AT&T directly.

teamnowak

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
My wife had issues with her MMS but after trying every combination of APN settings in these forums I was able to finally figure it out. I don't remember what she has but I have the above setttings on my N4 and pics come in fine. I understand the frustration but feel I could sacrifice some pics over a $20 month (per phone) savings by going with AT&T directly.

What did you do on her phone that worked?

Prodeje79

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Was this similar to our situations of changing SIMs and/or phones in the middle of a paid PIN cycle?

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Stupid question, but the people having issues with MMS, are you using Hangouts?

I had the same issue when I first went to Straight Talk. I found out that it was the app that I was using. It required me to manually set the APN settings in the app to send MMS.

So if you're having issues with MMS, try using Hangouts to see if that works. If it does, then it's just your third party app.