My nexus 5 just arrived

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the silver Neo Hybrid and am very pleased so far. Though I'm not sure how to take it off....ha. Probably best for the phone though. Have dropped it on its' face numerous times already and the ever so slight lip of the case has saved it from getting even the slightest of scratches.

Just peel it off the device. You might have to be a little firm when taking it off, which might feel like something is going to break.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I was using the Neo Hybrid - pretty good. I recently took it off to clean the phone and realized how good the N5 feels in my hand without the case. I haven't put the case back on yet! (tempting fate, I know, but damn... I really don't like the feel of the phone with the case)

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I haven't kept a case on my last 3 phones. There is no way I'll cover up the elegant design and feel of my Nexus 5.

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Congrats! My Nexus 5 will arrive this Friday. Thanks to Amazon Prime I`ve had the Spigen Ultra Slim case. I cant wait to try them out.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought about getting the Yellow Bumper being a Steelers fan but I love the build quality, there's no need for a case.

Adam Kinder

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
The spigen neo hybrid is wicked it don't add too much bulk to the phone plus it pretty much looks perfect on it and you get the springy click when you push the power and volume buttons

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The spigen neo hybrid is wicked it don't add too much bulk to the phone plus it pretty much looks perfect on it and you get the springy click when you push the power and volume buttons

Posted via Android Central App
I agree. I almost got the Armor version but glad I opted for the Hybrid.

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I thought about getting the Yellow Bumper being a Steelers fan but I love the build quality, there's no need for a case.
Sure....if you don't mind having the strong likelihood of needing to repurchase a $349-399 device or being stuck with using a broken screen. I absolutely don't understand this mindset.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Sure....if you don't mind having the strong likelihood of needing to repurchase a $349-399 device or being stuck with using a broken screen. I absolutely don't understand this mindset.
Apparently some people have a much stronger likelihood of damaging their devices than others and some people can more easily afford to replace their devices than others.

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I went for a little visual class.....(sorry, I'm 55) and got the Caseology leather backed cases - brown and black for $9.99 each from Amazon.