1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Phone won't mount via USB since 4.4.2 update. Any other ways to transfer files to phone?

Ever since I updated to 4.4.2 and re-rooted I haven't not been able to mount my phone via USB to my computer. I'd just like to transfer music files to my phone. I tried using ES File Explorer with dropbox and it's been hit or miss. Is there any other way I can transfer music to my phone? Or maybe any reason why the USB mounting wouldn't be working? Thanks

Default Re: Phone won't mount via USB since 4.4.2 update. Any other ways to transfer files to phone?

Could be a wonky driver on your computer... with the phone plugged in go to your device manager and see if you can't update the driver. If it is up to date or won't update, try deleting the driver. unplug the phone, and plug it back in. It SHOULD automatically install and update the driver.

I'm not familiar with the N5 but it seems quite often drivers can cause issues with the Nexus devices.
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Phone won't mount via USB since 4.4.2 update. Any other ways to transfer files to phone?

I'm on a mac. I tried the Android File Transfer app, that's what I was using pre 4.4.2. Worked great. Now it doesn't see anything. Weirdly enough though the phone still charges from the usb on the computer.

Did you enable media transfer via settings>storage?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by DaTa9192 View Post
    Did you enable media transfer via settings>storage?
    yup

Since MTP is not natively supported in Mac OS, it is likely the app you use have issues support MTP.

Welcome to Android Central! How about a wireless file transfer app like or ?

Quote Originally Posted by daehnban View Post
    Weirdly enough though the phone still charges from the usb on the computer.Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
    One has nothing to do with the other. The charging uses dedicated wires. Doesn't matter if connected to wall charger or PC/Mac.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2