Nexus 5 won't boot *update*

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I was taking a video of my girls. When I was done and hit "home" my screen flashed on and off so I powered off. Then it came back on by itself. At least as far as the splash screen. Then black, then splash screen again. If I hold power / volume down the I get the boot screen but only a flash of it. Then back to the splash screen on and off.
I've only had this phone for 2 weeks, it's stock from Google and I haven't tinkered with it.
What should I do? Any suggestions?

*It just booted in "safe mode". I held volume down while the splash screen was going. How do I get it out of "safe mode" and should I be concerned about this particular device?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 won't boot

I was taking a video of my girls. When I was done and hit "home" my screen flashed on and off so I powered off. Then it came back on by itself. At least as far as the splash screen. Then black, then splash screen again. If I hold power / volume down the I get the boot screen but only a flash of it. Then back to the splash screen on and off.
I've only had this phone for 2 weeks, it's stock from Google and I haven't tinkered with it.
What should I do? Any suggestions?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app
Try clearing the system cache from recovery and see if it boots that way

Posted via Android Central App

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
You disable safe mode by restarting. Personally I would be calling Google asking for an RMA if you haven't been messing with root and unlocking the bootloader. No way should a new device do something like this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Agree with the post above, if you don't want to risk messing something up, you'll have to contact them...

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34