- 351 Posts
Nexus 5 won't boot *update*
I was taking a video of my girls. When I was done and hit "home" my screen flashed on and off so I powered off. Then it came back on by itself. At least as far as the splash screen. Then black, then splash screen again. If I hold power / volume down the I get the boot screen but only a flash of it. Then back to the splash screen on and off.
I've only had this phone for 2 weeks, it's stock from Google and I haven't tinkered with it.
What should I do? Any suggestions?
*It just booted in "safe mode". I held volume down while the splash screen was going. How do I get it out of "safe mode" and should I be concerned about this particular device?
Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app
- 01-06-2014, 07:44 PM #2
- 01-07-2014, 05:59 PM #3
- 496 Posts
Re: Nexus 5 won't boot *update*
You disable safe mode by restarting. Personally I would be calling Google asking for an RMA if you haven't been messing with root and unlocking the bootloader. No way should a new device do something like this.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
- 01-07-2014, 06:04 PM #4
- By Jeremy Squier in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 4Last Post: 04-02-2016, 10:27 PM
- By Allison Eastham in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 12Last Post: 02-22-2015, 04:00 AM
- By mimi64 in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 2Last Post: 01-13-2014, 11:46 AM
- By nexus776 in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 01-11-2014, 08:20 PM
- By signothetimez in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 01-09-2014, 07:53 AM