Mobile Data Trouble on Nexus 5

foolishfocus

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been having issues with poor signal, calls going straight to voicemail, delayed receiving of texts and now have no mobile data even when the phone has full bars and says LTE. I tried switching to 3G only but still have nothing on HSPA or 3G. I swapped sim cards into my wife's N4 and it seems to be fine. T-Mobile has sent out a new phone in goes off correcting the issue. Any settings I should check or things to try in the meantime? I'm in St. Louis and they are telling me I should have excellent coverage.

Posted via Android Central App

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been having issues with poor signal, calls going straight to voicemail, delayed receiving of texts and now have no mobile data even when the phone has full bars and says LTE. I tried switching to 3G only but still have nothing on HSPA or 3G. I swapped sim cards into my wife's N4 and it seems to be fine. T-Mobile has sent out a new phone in goes off correcting the issue. Any settings I should check or things to try in the meantime? I'm in St. Louis and they are telling me I should have excellent coverage.

Could be a hardware issue, but maybe Sync your data and then execute a factory reset perhaps? At least then you'd have tried everything possible. When I was using an iPhone they had an option to "reset network settings" or something like that. Not sure if such a thing exists in Android as I've never searched. Good luck tho!

Nexus 5/Moto X

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a good idea. But before doing the factory reset, have you noticed any improvement after a reboot? How about a system cache partition wipe? It's kind of the last step before a full factory data reset, and you won't lose any personal data or settings. Be warned, though, that the N5 seems to take longer than other devices to execute the wipe--sometimes up to several minutes, instead of the usual 10-15 seconds that I've seen with other devices like the Nexus 7.

Reset: Google Nexus 5 | T-Mobile Support

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

All of the issues you mentioned are known problems with the device. Try resetting the APN settings, try a new SIM from T-Mobile (they shouldn't charge for it), and since your getting a new device anyways do a factory reset if things still aren't right. Your new N5 may or may not have the same problems as there are countless threads here on people talking about these same issues. There are people who report their devices are fine and others report some problems but not others even on the same carrier - the general consensus is there a software bug in the radio.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt