1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Default Zagg and official case

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the full size (not the vase friendly version) zagg screen protector plays nice with the official case that Google sell?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Zagg and official case

I'm not sure what the "Full Size" Zagg is, but I have the Zagg HD protector that only goes on the screen, and I also use the official case from Google. I can confirm that the two work together perfectly. If you're wondering about the full body protector, I can't say for certain.
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Hi! Thanks for your reply. By full size I mean the none Case friendly version as zagg sell a case friendly version and a standard version.

Just wondering if the standard (none case friendly version) plays nice with the official case

Hmm...I've never heard of a "Non Case Friendly" or "Standard" version. Hopefully someone on here can say for sure whether it works together or not.
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Can't link it at the moment as I'm on my phone but if you go on their site and pick a type of screen protector (HD or normal) you can then choose a standard or case friendly version. And yeah, be good if someone knew about this.

Reason I ask is I can get a standard one almost half the price of the case friendly version but want to make sure it will be okay to use with this case

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Please clarify what you mean by non case friendly when you are able to. I just checked and there appears to only be two screen protectors, hd and the standard one. If you are referring to something that is a full body, front and back, then that would be different.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Here's the link which shows an edge to edge version and case friendly version

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Neither of you two guys know if the non case friendly (edge to edge) version would be fine with this case then?

I honestly don't know. I just know I have the HD protector that was $26 installed at a Zagg kiosk. And it works great with the OEM case. I asked them what all the options were for the Nexus 5 and she said they had 3 options. Standard, HD, and full body. But she didn't mention 'case friendly' or anything like that.

Posted via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Hmmmmm okay, well thanks for your reply Think I'll just pay extra and order the case friendly version just to be safe! May also go for the original one rather than then HD one as I hear the HD one isn't as good quality wise as the original

Quote Originally Posted by sheppy1 View Post
    Hmmmmm okay, well thanks for your reply Think I'll just pay extra and order the case friendly version just to be safe! May also go for the original one rather than then HD one as I hear the HD one isn't as good quality wise as the original
    Not sure who told you that. In my experience, they're practically the same EXCEPT that with the Standard version, it looks and feels more like it has an "orange peel" texture. Whereas the HD version is smooth. It's been a few years since I had the standard version, but the HD version is every bit as high quality as I remember the standard being.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    Not sure who told you that. In my experience, they're practically the same EXCEPT that with the Standard version, it looks and feels more like it has an "orange peel" texture. Whereas the HD version is smooth. It's been a few years since I had the standard version, but the HD version is every bit as high quality as I remember the standard being.
    Okay then, that was just the impression I got from the reviews I read. I will order the HD one then :-) does it show grease on the screen though?

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Went for a BSE screen protector instead. Was 7 delivered :-)

I usually try to get the case friendly version since I almost always use a case. That being said I haven't looked at the zaggs for this phone yet.