Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

Default How to make jelly bean style home screens

How do i make home screen like in jelly bean.. Id like to place my main home screen in the middle.

Default Re: How to make jelly bean style home screens

Try a 3rd party launcher like Nova Launcher. It's very Jellybeanish.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

Ahhh... I don't like to run third party launchers. Google is really getting a pain in a$$. Like there's no other way to bring google now.

Any particular reason you prefer not to use 3rd party launchers? Some of them (like Nova) are quite good, give you a lot of flexibility, and can actually improve performance. Nova on my old Razr Maxx and my Transformer TF300 led to noticeable improvements in performance on the homescreen. They generally don't hog a lot of RAM, either.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

Im actually playing with nova launcher right now. Its interesting... I was able to remove google search bar! But it seems like the default launcher is still running. How to i stop it? HD widgets shows that i have old widgets running. Same with power toggles. Is there anyway to disable the default launcher completely ?

I don't think you can disable the default Launcher if you're unrooted. But if it's still listed as open, it isn't necessarily taking up any battery or CPU, if it's not actively doing anything. In addition, the Nexus 5 has so much available system RAM that I doubt having the default Launcher open in the background (while Nova is running) would have any impact on performance at all.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I don't think you can disable the default Launcher if you're unrooted. But if it's still listed as open, it isn't necessarily taking up any battery or CPU, if it's not actively doing anything. In addition, the Nexus 5 has so much available system RAM that I doubt having the default Launcher open in the background (while Nova is running) would have any impact on performance at all.
    I think it was more for the widgets still running, not really the performance
    I'd go back to the default launcher and remove them, then go back to Nova and use them there if you'd like

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

Ok.. Then i should go back to the old launcher. Disable running widgets and return to nova.

search in Play, "themer" , they might have something.