Offline FM Radio

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I am in wonder why Nuxus 5 has not been built in fm radio which could be used for offline tuning? Would you please tell me about an apps by which I could be able to hear fm radio in offline mood?

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I am in wonder why Nuxus 5 has not been built in fm radio which could be used for offline tuning? Would you please tell me about an apps by which I could be able to hear fm radio in offline mood?

Welcome to the forums!

I believe it has been exluded from the Nexus 5 due to cost and the fact that FM radio tuners are being 'phased out.' As there is no live radio tuner, the only way to listen offline would be to use an app such as Tune-In Radio Pro, download the radio when you are online and listen while you are offline. If you can be online alternatives such as I-Heart Radio and (for music), pandora, spotify and google play music are great.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This issue has been discussed extensively both in this forum and earlier in the Nexus 4 forum. We can go on and on as to the reasons and the desirability (or lack thereof) but it really doesn't matter as nothing will change the fact that there simply is no FM tuner in either the N5 or the N4.

The only suggestion I can offer is to use an app like TuneIn to record live radio while you have a WiFi connection available and then play back later when you do not. I guess it depends on how "live" you want your live radio to be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish