Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Offline FM Radio

I am in wonder why Nuxus 5 has not been built in fm radio which could be used for offline tuning? Would you please tell me about an apps by which I could be able to hear fm radio in offline mood?

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

Default Re: Offline FM Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Mofizul Islam Maheen View Post
    I am in wonder why Nuxus 5 has not been built in fm radio which could be used for offline tuning? Would you please tell me about an apps by which I could be able to hear fm radio in offline mood?
    Welcome to the forums!

I believe it has been exluded from the Nexus 5 due to cost and the fact that FM radio tuners are being 'phased out.' As there is no live radio tuner, the only way to listen offline would be to use an app such as Tune-In Radio Pro, download the radio when you are online and listen while you are offline. If you can be online alternatives such as I-Heart Radio and (for music), pandora, spotify and google play music are great.

Default Re: Offline FM Radio

This issue has been discussed extensively both in this forum and earlier in the Nexus 4 forum. We can go on and on as to the reasons and the desirability (or lack thereof) but it really doesn't matter as nothing will change the fact that there simply is no FM tuner in either the N5 or the N4.

The only suggestion I can offer is to use an app like TuneIn to record live radio while you have a WiFi connection available and then play back later when you do not. I guess it depends on how "live" you want your live radio to be.