Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Forwarded call" notification?

Any way to know if an incoming call was forwarded from my work cell? I remember my old Windows Mobile personal cell would ID it so I would know they dialed my work #.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Default Re: "Forwarded call" notification?

Quote Originally Posted by akuki View Post
    Any way to know if an incoming call was forwarded from my work cell? I remember my old Windows Mobile personal cell would ID it so I would know they dialed my work #.

well, good old WinMo had some great features. But this one is not available on Android.
    akuki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by akuki View Post

So, you are saying what? That the forwarded call is displayed on your Nexus 5 with the original caller's telephone number, not your work cell's number?

Interesting...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    So, you are saying what? That the forwarded call is displayed on your Nexus 5 with the original caller's telephone number, not your work cell's number?

Interesting...
    Yes. When someone calls my Google Voice biz number the caller's CID displays, even on the N5. It worked beautifully when the old Win Mobile announced all forwarded calls.

Edit - Original caller's CID also shows on the T-Mobile N5, when forwarding from the AT&T cell.

Here's an app that can do it on certain devices, but not sure if it'll work on the N5. It requires root. Forwarded Call Alert Free
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Here's an app that can do it on certain devices, but not sure if it'll work on the N5. It requires root. Forwarded Call Alert Free
    Apparently not working on N5, according to experiences listed at xda developers and another dev board. Any issues with "allowing root" if I wanted to try it? Wouldn't want to create any problems that couldn't be corrected with a simple uninstall of the app, though.