Could I still get an RMA or will they take the money from the authorization hold?

DinoGoesRawr

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Basically there is a problem with my camera, there's this random faint dot that appears in photos sometimes and there's issues with sound when recording videos. My concern is that I've dropped my phone a few times but this happened after the issues started appearing and when I first tried to contact Google for an RMA but couldn't get one at the time because I didn't have the funds. There's also a minor scratch that you can only see when you're actually trying to look for it and even then it's still hard to see. That helps a lot /sarcasm.

I'm just worried that when Google check for problems they're going to see any damage done by the drops and the scratch and think that my problems were all caused by me. Is it worth sending it in to Google? I don't want them to take the money because I kinda have to borrow it.

When I did drop it the back came off its hinges a bit but I easily pushed it back in.

Oh and LG are no help at all.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Thats frustrating, because yes, more than likely Google was advise you that the damage done to the phone when dropping it caused the camera and speaker issue, its their word against yours really. Cant you take it to an independant phone repair shop and get a professional opinion before sending it to Google for them to accuse you of the issue?

DinoGoesRawr

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Should I try LG? I do have that repair warranty. I could get them to check and if they don't mention anything that looks like it's been costumer induced I can assume it's safe to send to Google? They're service does kinda suck, they hung up on me before I even got onto a human

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
What credit card did you use to buy it? Some cards provide coverage in case of damage. American express, for example, will replace the device if it's damaged or broken.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

p g p

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
You shouldn't worry about that, because when I got my N5 replaced, Google released the money from my credit card an hour after I sent them the tracking number: basically, it hasn't been necessary for them to have the faulty phone back, they just trusted it was OK as soon as I handed it to UPS. So I suppose they won't even check if the phone has been dropped, or has any damage caused by the customer ;)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk