Using US Nexus 5 in Germany?

glc650

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Taking a trip to Germany soon and from what I can gather a US bought Nexus 5 will work in Germany. I just won't get LTE data but voice and 3G data should work?

As for the provider, I'm currently using Straight Talk so I would have to switch to something like T-Mobile's Simple Choice to get international roaming? Or would it be best to just pickup a SIM while I'm there and just use a German number?

Thanks,

->g.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: using US Nexus 5 in Germany?

yes. it should work but no 4G LTE. i would take out my US SIM Card when you get on the plane and then buy a prepaid German SIM Card when you get there and use that.

good luck.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

Was in Germany last week with my N5 and it worked perfectly with a local SIM on 3G.

Dan

Posted via Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

where are you guys buying the local SIM cards? prepaid cards from convenience stores? airport? carrier stores? price and for how much voice/text/data?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

where are you guys buying the local SIM cards? prepaid cards from convenience stores? airport? carrier stores? price and for how much voice/text/data?

I got mine direct from Telekom Srbija when I was there. In my case, I don't need voice so I got a data only account. I can buy 5GB of data for like $20. I just have to make sure the account gets replenished once a year to stay activated. You can usually get cards in the airport though and of course prices will vary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20