- 1 Posts
Will the Galaxy S4 cables work on my Nexus 5?
So I have decided to make the switch from a Galaxy S4 to a Nexus 5. Unfortunately I just spent a small fortune on the Samsung website buying a bunch of accessories for my Galaxy S4, including a car charger and an extra wall charger for when I'm at work. My understanding with the Galaxy S4 is that although they are technically microUSB, Samsung had done some sort of slight modification and that it was simply better to use official Samsung cables. I didn't have the energy to really verify this as you might be able to tell so I just went with it. I would like to know, in short, whether my Galaxy S4 chargers will work for my Nexus 5 or not.
- 01-16-2014, 08:54 PM #2
- 01-16-2014, 08:56 PM #3"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
Galaxy Note 4
- 01-16-2014, 10:37 PM #4
- 01-17-2014, 09:38 AM #5
- 2,688 Posts
Re: Will the Galaxy S4 cables work on my Nexus 5?
I use whatever charger I pull out of the drawer without issue. I use Samsung cables when connecting to my PC at home or at work. Just remember the Nexus 5 USB port is backwards.Pat
Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
- By CarbonOak in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 39Last Post: 12-03-2014, 02:08 PM
- By DoMiNo87 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 01-21-2014, 03:01 PM
- By Adam21221 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 11Last Post: 01-17-2014, 06:32 PM
- By emscapt47 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 01-16-2014, 07:53 PM
- By Thomas Zimmerman in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 01-16-2014, 07:03 PM