1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 stock launcher

Quick question -

With the N5 stock launcher, does it allow you to control how many home screens you have? Can you delete the extra ones and stay with 1 home screen if you want? When I had a Moto X, I couldn't delete those extra home screens - I had to get Nova Launcher to do that. Which I found to be annoying, but what can ya do.

Default Re: Nexus 5 stock launcher

You have only as many homescreens as you need for your shortcuts or widgets, so in other words there aren't any blank homescreens. If you need a new homescreen, you simply add a shortcut or widget to the right of your rightmost homescreen, and a new homescreen is created (the homescreen to the left of your primary homescreen is Google Now, so you can't add anything to the left). If you remove all shortcuts or widgets from a particular homescreen, then that screen is automatically deleted. I'm not sure what the limit of homescreens is--I was just testing it out, and created a total of 10 homescreens, and there was still room for more.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Nexus 5 stock launcher

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    You have only as many homescreens as you need for your shortcuts or widgets, so in other words there aren't any blank homescreens. If you need a new homescreen, you simply add a shortcut or widget to the right of your rightmost homescreen, and a new homescreen is created (the homescreen to the left of your primary homescreen is Google Now, so you can't add anything to the left). If you remove all shortcuts or widgets from a particular homescreen, then that screen is automatically deleted. I'm not sure what the limit of homescreens is--I was just testing it out, and created a total of 10 homescreens, and there was still room for more.
    Beautiful, thank you