Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bjrosen
  • 1 Post By TraderGary
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How does the camera (post update) compare against the LG G2?

I'm looking to get a new phone and I was leaning towards the G2 because of the better camera and battery (although I would prefer the Nexus 5 for a stock experience and timely updates), but I was wondering how the latest update that fixed the camera on the Nexus 5 actually compares to the G2?

I haven't been able to find any kind of comparisons of the 2 after the camera update. Only solo updates against how the Nexus camera performed before.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Default Re: How does the camera (post update) compare against the LG G2?

Quote Originally Posted by mike31082 View Post
    I'm looking to get a new phone and I was leaning towards the G2 because of the better camera and battery (although I would prefer the Nexus 5 for a stock experience and timely updates), but I was wondering how the latest update that fixed the camera on the Nexus 5 actually compares to the G2?

I haven't been able to find any kind of comparisons of the 2 after the camera update. Only solo updates against how the Nexus camera performed before.
    After the update to 4.4.2, the camera focuses much quicker, switches between normal and HDR+ modes and generally gives a much improved and (while not the best camera ever) more fun experience. (I hope that makes sense...)

As I believe the G2 has 5 extra megapixels and 30 extra fps, it'll still be a little better but the nexus should be fine just for simple shots. IMO, if you are considering either the nexus 5 or G2, then the camera could not possibly be too important...

Posted via Android Central App

Why don't you read this Photography Blog that mainly reviews real cameras but gave the Nexus 5 it's highest rating for a phone camera.

This is the Rating & Conclusion page for the Nexus 5 with the 4.4.2 update.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by p3ntyne View Post
    After the update to 4.4.2, the camera focuses much quicker, switches between normal and HDR+ modes and generally gives a much improved and (while not the best camera ever) more fun experience. (I hope that makes sense...)

As I believe the G2 has 5 extra megapixels and 30 extra fps, it'll still be a little better but the nexus should be fine just for simple shots. IMO, if you are considering either the nexus 5 or G2, then the camera could not possibly be too important...

The G2 has one of the best cameras on any phone. It's severely underrated in this respect.

The Nexus 5 has a great camera also, but lacks a few features compared to the G2.

IMO the benefits of having a Nexus outweigh the differences in camera performance between the two.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

I was spoiled with the HTC One camera for awhile so everything else is kind of meh. However, the Nexus 5 camera really isn't far off from the G2 which I also used for a while. Low light situations are this phone's achilles though.

Isn't it interesting how experiences can differ. I too came from an HTC One. My results with low light have been quite good. I turn off the flash and leave it off as it just isn't needed. My Nexus 5 handles HDR beautifully.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    Gwaron 

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

I'm very happy with the camera on the N5. Here are a couple of examples

How does the camera (post update) compare against the LG G2?-2014-01-08-19.09.08.jpg

How does the camera (post update) compare against the LG G2?-2014-01-20-12.38.33.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How does the camera (post update) compare against the LG G2?-2014-01-08-19.09.08.jpg  
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Here's my cat and we have no snow in Atlanta.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How does the camera (post update) compare against the LG G2?-1390240804765.jpg   How does the camera (post update) compare against the LG G2?-1390240858318.jpg  
    mrsmumbles likes this.