Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Enjoying the Google Nexus 5

It is a real pleasure to have such a marvellous android phone. The differece with others is so real.

Default Re: Enjoying the Google Nexus 5

Welcome to Android Central! I have to agree with you--it's a night and day difference with my old Razr Maxx (well, everything except the battery life, but I can live with that).

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! I have to agree with you--it's a night and day difference with my old Razr Maxx (well, everything except the battery life, but I can live with that).
    Fancy seeing you here.

Gotta love the Maxx

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    B. Diddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by koffimawudeku View Post
    It is a real pleasure to have such a marvellous android phone. The differece with others is so real.
    Definitely, agreed 100%.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Fancy seeing you here.

Gotta love the Maxx

Hey, haven't seen you in like forever! Where you been?

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Hey, haven't seen you in like forever! Where you been?
    Got bored of the maxx so I kinda stopped coming around but I just got my nexus last week so its got me excited to fool around with again

B. Diddy likes this.

Oh man, it's so awesome, isn't it? My old Maxx is now my alarm clock, since I have the dock.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    18,477 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I will admit that I love the feel of the back. The screen is much better than my Moto X.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Absolutely this phone rocks. Screw all the gimmicks of the Moto X.

Nexus FTW

i just got mine last night and im a bit disappointed that its not much different from my Nexus 4 but im not mad at all because i love my Nexus 4 having said that this phone is a great improvement and i love it!!!

This is my third Nexus (GN then N4) and the upgrade isn't as massive this time around, but the improved camera, screen, battery life, and presence of an LTE radio are things I wouldn't give back at this point. Coming from a Maxx it must be a huge boost in terms of user experience.

(I had a Droid X at one point, and it made the Galaxy Nexus seem like the bee's knees when it came out).

Quote Originally Posted by ottscay View Post
    This is my third Nexus (GN then N4) and the upgrade isn't as massive this time around, but the improved camera, screen, battery life, and presence of an LTE radio are things I wouldn't give back at this point. Coming from a Maxx it must be a huge boost in terms of user experience.

(I had a Droid X at one point, and it made the Galaxy Nexus seem like the bee's knees when it came out).
    I went from a GNex to my N5 and the improvement is vast. I love this phone, don't have a single complaint with it.

I get sad every time I have to charge it because then it isn't in my hand.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Goodfella1978 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    I get sad every time I have to charge it because then it isn't in my hand.
    I use mine while it's on the charger. This is the best phone I've ever owned by a very wide margin. I think the reason I like it so much is because it's actually a very fast and powerful computer that just happens to also contain a great camera and excellent phone.

Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TraderGary View Post
    I use mine while it's on the charger. This is the best phone I've ever owned by a very wide margin. I think the reason I like it so much is because it's actually a very fast and powerful computer that just happens to also contain a great camera and excellent phone.

I know! I love this phone! I still don't have a wireless charging pad yet and I plug it in in another room so it's like an unwilling farewell every time. I know, I'm a little weird.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    I know! I love this phone! I still don't have a wireless charging pad yet and I plug it in in another room so it's like an unwilling farewell every time. I know, I'm a little weird.

I hear ya! Best phone for me to-date, also. Looky what I just ordered for my truck. :thumbup: Not out yet, but exactly what I've been waiting for.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EP7...0-20&m1k=vb_ac
    mrsmumbles likes this.

That is great!

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    4,072 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock on all

What were your thoughts about the camera?

I don't have many smartphone cameras to compare with, but after owning the HTC Droid Incredible and the Moto Razr Maxx, I'd say the N5 camera is a quantum leap forward for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    What were your thoughts about the camera?
    For me, it's good, not great.

Prior to the 4.4.2 update, it was pretty bad. Took long to open up the app, took long to focus and image, once you took a shot the lens had to refocus every single time, the images it took weren't particularly impressive either.

Now with the update, the camera app is definitely better. It's faster to open, faster to focus, doesn't have to refocus every time you take a shot, image quality is better, but still not great.

I'd put it behind the other 2013 flagships in terms of picture quality (behind the Galaxy S4, HTC One, Xperia Z1 and way, way, way behind the iPhone 5S), but it's still not bad and gets the job done. If you're wanting a phone with the absolute best camera, then the Nexus 5 unfortunately is not the device for you. Everything else about the phone is quite good (barring battery life).

While I like the N5 a lot, it's not the best phone I've ever owned. However for its price, it's damn hard to ignore. Bang for buck it's easily the best phone on the market.

Global Posts
    4,072 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock on all

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    For me, it's good, not great.

Prior to the 4.4.2 update, it was pretty bad. Took long to open up the app, took long to focus and image, once you took a shot the lens had to refocus every single time, the images it took weren't particularly impressive either.

Now with the update, the camera app is definitely better. It's faster to open, faster to focus, doesn't have to refocus every time you take a shot, image quality is better, but still not great.

I'd put it behind the other 2013 flagships in terms of picture quality (behind the Galaxy S4, HTC One, Xperia Z1 and way, way, way behind the iPhone 5S), but it's still not bad and gets the job done. If you're wanting a phone with the absolute best camera, then the Nexus 5 unfortunately is not the device for you. Everything else about the phone is quite good (barring battery life).

While I like the N5 a lot, it's not the best phone I've ever owned. However for its price, it's damn hard to ignore. Bang for buck it's easily the best phone on the market.
    I think they did well to make the camera app run faster, and that Google actually listened to the criticism.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Yes, I love my Nexus 5 as well. Best phone I've owned .

Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    I think they did well to make the camera app run faster, and that Google actually listened to the criticism.

Yeah I absolutely agree. The camera app before and after the update is a pretty significant improvement in every aspect. And it is good that Google is listening to feed back and quickly improved the app.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just a bit disappointed when I heard things like Vic Gundotra saying they're committed to making Nexus phones insanely great cameras, I guess I just expected more than what we got, even after the update.

Now all they have to do is fix up the Hangouts app....

Global Posts
    4,072 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock on all

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    Yeah I absolutely agree. The camera app before and after the update is a pretty significant improvement in every aspect. And it is good that Google is listening to feed back and quickly improved the app.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just a bit disappointed when I heard things like Vic Gundotra saying they're committed to making Nexus phones insanely great cameras, I guess I just expected more than what we got, even after the update.

Now all they have to do is fix up the Hangouts app....
    Sometimes the messages take a long time to load in hangouts, I agree. Lots of work to be done on every front.

My last phone was the HTC One and at the time it had the best camera of any phone I'd owned up to that time. I liked it a lot and took thousands of pictures with it.

Since I have a large number of HTC One images to compare with how I'm doing with my Nexus 5, I have to say my Nexus 5 makes noticeably sharper and definitely more color accurate images. I attribute much of the sharpness to the Nexus Optical Image Stabilization. The HTC One lacks image stabilization.

Over the holidays I had guests using the iPhone 5s and had the opportunity to compare images made side by side. The Nexus 5 images were noticeably sharper. Color accuracy was comparable. Again I attribute the sharpness to the Nexus Optical Image Stabilization which the iPhone currently lacks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:
    madlaw1071 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast