Nexus 5: 13+ hours of battery

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: 13+ hours of battery

P
How much screen time is that? I'm guessing less than an hour :p
I don't worry too much about battery but it should be able to get me through a full day, with more than 4 hours of screen time. Mine does a lot better than that :D

Posted via Android Central App

According to the screenshot, about 2 hrs, 45 min. And a little over an hour playing the game.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I was pretty good at math.....

Yeah, but that isn't accurate. My phone is currently at 19 hours on this charge. My screen has used up 67% of the battery. I assure you I am nowhere near 12 hours of screen time.
You can't just multiply the percentage and the amount of time the phone has been running...

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, but that isn't accurate. My phone is currently at 19 hours on this charge. My screen has used up 67% of the battery. I assure you I am nowhere near 12 hours of screen time.
You can't just multiply the percentage and the amount of time the phone has been running...

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. When I've checked, it's usually been pretty close, but it may be how I use my phone. Thx for the edumacation :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. When I've checked, it's usually been pretty close, but it may be how I use my phone. Thx for the edumacation :)

No problem. From my experience, most phones use about 20% per hour of screen time. Depending on brightness settings :p

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

My GOD I remember when I got the HTC Thunderbolt........how times have changed and I agree 100%, 12 hours with avg use should be the standard.

If today's Super Phones can't give you at least 12 hours they need to get their act together.

Very happy with my nexus 5!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

My GOD I remember when I got the HTC Thunderbolt........how times have changed and I agree 100%, 12 hours with avg use should be the standard.

It kind of is. With the latest crop of flagships, except for the heaviest of users, most people can easily get through a day

ready2rise

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

I'd like to add that the battery life on the N5 that I "had" went from horrible to mind blowing. The first few days I had it, it would lose about 20% with half hour of screen on time right off the charger. Every time. It'd die in about 3hrs. I factory reset that phone about 4-5 times lol and it was updated to 4.4.2 and finally one day I guess it decided to puff its chest out. Got 58 hrs out of it with 5hrs screen on and a ton of idle time. For the guys having issues with the idle time that thing was a straight line for hours on end and I was listening to my Sade google music album and even fell asleep to wake and this thing only moved about 3%. I think the phone is awesome and would love another but would like a better camera and a little more multi tasking abilities. I need something to replace my laptop (sorta) because I am on the go quite a bit. Looking at that GN3. Good luck to everyone else using the nexus, I believe that everyones battery life can be doubled after my experience! Oh, I did put location services on device only which actually work great as far as accuracy on my travels.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm