Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By flick0416
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tap & Pay with T Mobile

I have an unlocked N5 that I bought from the Google play store. I signed up for T Mobile and they put a SIM card in my phone. I'm trying to set up Tap & Pay but I get an error message saying "There was a problem loading your funding source". I've read that I should be able to do this with an unlocked N5. Any ideas why this wouldn't be working? Do I need a special type of SIM card? Is there something else I could be doing wrong?

Default Re: Tap & Pay with T Mobile

Are you rooted? Because my tap to pay was fine check to make sure your Google wallet has your debit card on file.

Posted via Android Central App

When you go to Settings > Tap & Pay, what do you see there? And have you gone through the setup with Google Wallet?
    Ry likes this.

I was able to set mine up - Nexus 5 purchased from Google, SIM from TMobile. I did have to set up Google Wallet first. Oddly though, it only works with some tap to pay boxes. Haven't explored enough to figure out why it doesn't work with some.

Quote Originally Posted by atevans77 View Post
    I have an unlocked N5 that I bought from the Google play store. I signed up for T Mobile and they put a SIM card in my phone. I'm trying to set up Tap & Pay but I get an error message saying "There was a problem loading your funding source". I've read that I should be able to do this with an unlocked N5. Any ideas why this wouldn't be working? Do I need a special type of SIM card? Is there something else I could be doing wrong?
    You need a credit card attached to your Google Wallet account.
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the responses.
    I have my debit card attached to my account, do I have to have a credit card?
    I'm not rooted.
    When I go to Settings > Tap & Pay I only see "Pay with just a tap. Learn more." from what I understand I should be able to select Google Wallet.
    I have set up Google Wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by atevans77 View Post
    Thanks for the responses.
    I have my debit card attached to my account, do I have to have a credit card?
    I'm not rooted.
    When I go to Settings > Tap & Pay I only see "Pay with just a tap. Learn more." from what I understand I should be able to select Google Wallet.
    I have set up Google Wallet.
    Hmm, that's odd. Are you sure you set up your card correctly in Google Wallet? I also have my Wallet account tied to my debit card, so that shouldn't matter. When you open Wallet, does it display your card information there? If that's set up correctly, you might try tapping that "Pay with just a tap. Learn more" option and see where that takes you. It's been a while since I went through the setup, so I don't remember everything that was involved. I don't remember it being very hard though.

Btw, when I open Tap & Pay, this is what I see:
    Tap & Pay with T Mobile-screenshot_2014-01-23-10-42-47.png
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Okay guys, I don't know what the deal is. I added a credit card and it let me set up Tap & Pay. But if I try to set my debit card to be the card to use, well it just won't let me do that. There may be something wrong with how my debit card is set up. If I try to remove my debit card, well it won't let me do that either. I'm gonna try to remove it online and see if I actually get an error message.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Well no, it wouldn't let me remove it and the error message was no help. "Error removing card". What ended up working was just adding my debit like it was the first time adding it. That seemed to clear it up and I was able to set it up as my card for Tap & Pay. I dunno.

I had this error message. I logged into wallet.google.com from a laptop, then removed two cards from my account that had expired and changed the default payment method from one valid card to another. Tried it again on my phone, and this time I received a message to turn on NFC and set Google Wallet as my default app from Softcard. Did that and now it's all set up.