Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By cl0ckw0rk81
  • 1 Post By cl0ckw0rk81
  • 1 Post By flick0416
  • 1 Post By cl0ckw0rk81
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hidden feature on kitkat?

Ok maybe not a hidden feat but I think its either new or many people don't know this. If you hold down on the certain icons on the pull-down short cuts, it toggles it on and off. It works on 3 only. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and location. Not a huge deal but a cool little feature! I'm wondering if this is new to kitkat or was this on jellybean?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Hidden feature on kitkat?

I thought it had airways been like that since they introduced the quick settings with jelly bean i think

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ckw0rk81 View Post
    Ok maybe not a hidden feat but I think its either new or many people don't know this. If you hold down on the certain icons on the pull-down short cuts, it toggles it on and off. It works on 3 only. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and location. Not a huge deal but a cool little feature! I'm wondering if this is new to kitkat or was this on jellybean?
    The quick-settings themselves were introduced in 4.2, and the long-press functionality was added to the WiFi and Bluetooth toggles in 4.2.2.
    Thanked by 2:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

To be honest, I've never really even thought about trying it on my N7 when it had jellybean. I always wondered why they didn't just make it a toggle button instead of taking you to the setting of that radio. Always found that annoying but I'm glad they're actual toggles.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well that answers that! Thanks for the link. Apparently, I had that feature on my Gnex lol

Nope, it's been around since Jelly Bean. Agreed though, it's a nice feature.

Did you know that if you swipe down on the notification bar with two fingers, it goes right to your quick settings? That feature is new to KitKat.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by flick0416 View Post
    Nope, it's been around since Jelly Bean. Agreed though, it's a nice feature.

Did you know that if you swipe down on the notification bar with two fingers, it goes right to your quick settings? That feature is new to KitKat.
    Actually the two finger gesture has been around since jelly bean. I used it on my Gnex. If that's not sarcasm coming out of your mouth, then this is funny stuff ha!

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ckw0rk81 View Post
    Actually the two finger gesture has been around since jelly bean. I used it on my Gnex. If that's not sarcasm coming out of your mouth, then this is funny stuff ha!

Nope, no sarcasm there. I really didn't know about that two-fingered gesture until KitKat. Oh well.

Isn't the N5 a huge difference over the GNex, btw? I made the jump from a GNex to N5, and holy crap!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by flick0416 View Post
    Nope, no sarcasm there. I really didn't know about that two-fingered gesture until KitKat. Oh well.

Isn't the N5 a huge difference over the GNex, btw? I made the jump from a GNex to N5, and holy crap!
    Haha too funny! But Yea the N5 is definitely the best phone I've used so far! I was on the fence about getting one cuz I've a mixture of good and bad reviews but if it work for you, it works for you. It works for me haha loving this beast! Definitely a HUGE improvement over the Gnex!