Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mpdofficer514
  • 1 Post By jj14x
  • 1 Post By Brian Low
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Customer Service

I just got my Nexus 5. 32GB in black. The buttons rattle pretty bad, when I tap the screen to text I can hear them rattle. Also has the small speaker grill holes. Kinda disappointed, I figured since I ordered this late it would be the updated version... I sent an email to Google about it. I'm sure they won't mind replacing it, but this is the only phone I have. I already had to go without while waiting for it. I wonder what the chances are that Google will send me a new phone, and let me return this phone in the package with a return slip. Anyone have experience with this? I'll keep you updated on what I hear.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    highercal likes this.

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Google Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by mpdofficer514 View Post
    I wonder what the chances are that Google will send me a new phone, and let me return this phone in the package with a return slip. Anyone have experience with this?
    That is how they usually do RMAs. They will place a hold on your credit card till they get the old phone back though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Okay, that's good to know!

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Google is being less than helpful... I told them I received a device today with know problems and wanted to exchange it for the updated version. She told me that wasn't possible and gave me a link I could use to return the phone if I didn't like it, then reorder the device I wanted. I just replied and asked her if I did that, how would I know if I would get the updated device the second time. Considering I just ordered this one a few days ago.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Google refused to exchange the phone. They advised they wouldn't be able to guarantee I'd get the updated device if I return and reorder. She also informed me that Google doesn't see the defects I described as an issue. She told me if I didn't like it I could return the device... Wow.

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sorry to hear that..
    (If google didn't recognize those defects as issues, why did they release a new version that addressed those defects?) Rhetorical Q
    Thanked by:
    Dave Clark likes this.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

I would call and see if another CSR will be more helpful.

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have never had anything but great customer service from Google.....sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, I would take sMt73's advice and call back

Quote Originally Posted by mpdofficer514 View Post
    Google refused to exchange the phone. They advised they wouldn't be able to guarantee I'd get the updated device if I return and reorder. She also informed me that Google doesn't see the defects I described as an issue. She told me if I didn't like it I could return the device... Wow.

I think the rep is probably thinking if the phone works theres no problem. Does the power button rattle that much that the device doesn't turn on? Does the speaker work? If so, then sorry no returning. Returning it is possibly impossible unless something is software related or something like that. I did hear that when the phone first launcher people did manage to get their's RMA'd. Try another rep perhaps?
    highercal likes this.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Low View Post
    I think the rep is probably thinking if the phone works theres no problem. Does the power button rattle that much that the device doesn't turn on? Does the speaker work? If so, then sorry no returning. Returning it is possibly impossible unless something is software related or something like that. I did hear that when the phone first launcher people did manage to get their's RMA'd. Try another rep perhaps?
    That's pretty much the same thing mulitple Google reps told me as well. However, I noticed that my back cover is coming apart on its own. They are granting me a warranty exchange due to that.