Can't decide: Nexus 5 now or wait for Galaxy S5?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why you would ask a question to choose between the N5 and S5, they are too completely different experience. the N5 run stock android with Google apps and have a cleaner slate. the S5 have Touchwiz and more integrated Samsung features and preloaded apps. They are two different experience.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why you would ask a question to choose between the N5 and S5, they are too completely different experience. the N5 run stock android with Google apps and have a cleaner slate. the S5 have Touchwiz and more integrated Samsung features and preloaded apps. They are two different experience.

That wasn't the point. He wanted to know if the N5 would be a good buy, or if he should wait out the next Samsung flagship, which is usually the best phone out at it's release (at least hardware-wise)

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it sounds like the OP is wondering whether or not to wait for the latest and greatest hardware. But I do agree that the distinction between the Nexus 5's pure Android and Samsung's heavily skinned UI should not be ignored, and that the OP should consider which experience is more suitable.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 5, without a doubt.

Though I would recommend waiting to see what Samsung has in store.

Who knows? They could wow us this time.

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Why not buy the N5 direct from Google Play and bring it to them. Bringing your own device should not affect your upgrade status. This way if you like what HTC or Samsung brings to the table you still have that option.

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i am with sprint. trying to decide if I should get a Nexus 5 with my tax return. And save my upgrade to use later. Or wait for the GS5. what do u think i should do.

Honestly with me having the N5 and not having all that great battery life which seem to be a common issue for alot of people even tho some isnt running into it i would say get the s5 or something thats has more then a 2300 hour m-amp battery. Dont get me wrong the phone is smooth as a babys behind with stock android and my plan was to to wait it out till summer to see what phones is going to drop but i went in and gotten a n5 which ill be taking back and going with what i planned before. One of the issues i was seeing with the n5 was really low on screen time and horrible drainage which is a major deal breaker for me. So my advice is to wait it out

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
i am with sprint. trying to decide if I should get a Nexus 5 with my tax return. And save my upgrade to use later. Or wait for the GS5. what do u think i should do.
You know what you can do? Get the Nexus 5 AND make some money. Here's how:

Buy the Nexus 5 from the Play Store and bring it to Sprint. Save your upgrade. Then when the GS5 comes out, use your upgrade and buy it (IF you want another contract), then turn around and immediately sell it for full retail price. Even assuming you pay $350 for the N5 and $200 to get the GS5, you would still come out on top if you can sell your GS5 for $650+ - which shouldn't be a problem.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
You know what you can do? Get the Nexus 5 AND make some money. Here's how:

Buy the Nexus 5 from the Play Store and bring it to Sprint. Save your upgrade. Then when the GS5 comes out, use your upgrade and buy it (IF you want another contract), then turn around and immediately sell it for full retail price. Even assuming you pay $350 for the N5 and $200 to get the GS5, you would still come out on top if you can sell your GS5 for $650+ - which shouldn't be a problem.

From what I have been hearing Sprint is getting rid of subsidies. And going with the easy pay. Before the s5 comes out. So I will prob go with the nexus.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non