Nexus 5: "What phone is that?"

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else ever get asked this?

It's happened to me a few times. The person asking typically ends up having no clue what an N5 is. Then, somehow "iPhone" or "Galaxy" gets thrown into the conversation, lol. Just sayin'.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else ever get asked this?

It's happened to me a few times. The person asking typically ends up having no clue what an N5 is. Then, somehow "iPhone" or "Galaxy" gets thrown into the conversation, lol. Just sayin'.

If only they knew it was better than both phones lol :p
I haven't seen a Nexus 5 in public and only a handful on Nexus 4s. That's probably why most people have no idea what phone it is

Posted via Android Central App

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's happened a couple times to me too. One of the comments was sparked by the display, as in they were so impressed with it they wanted to know what kind of phone I had :)

Moto X/Nexus 5

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I get asked all the time.

"I didn't know Google makes phones." So when I tell them it's LG they completely shut down and lose interest.

Sent from my C6806 using Tapatalk

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Get ask that all the time. When I say Nexus 5 they normally say "Who makes that". Most people don't even know Google makes phones or tablets since they don't advertise very much.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
As others have said, all the time. Even after I get done explaining it to them I'm not sure they understand.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I work in a small IT dept, and only a couple guys weren't familiar w/my phone. Maybe coincidence, but they're the only two in the dept that own an iPhone, lol.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I work in a small IT dept, and only a couple guys weren't familiar w/my phone. Maybe coincidence, but they're the only two in the dept that own an iPhone, lol.

They're not very good IT guys for those two reasons

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I always preface my answer with "Its a pure Google phone, made by LG" "It called the Nexus 5" If its an iphone user, I show them the screen and they usually admit it really looks great. Its interesting that ever since I got this phone, I have barely cared about my android podcasts. There just really isn't anything on the horizon that I care about. I think thats the case with most folks who are really satisfied with their current phone. It's just hit all my check lists... 32GB, LTE, 1080P 5" ips, Kit Kat, Good Solid camera(Yes I get great pics with it) . Until it breaks I'm good..

RealDogBoy

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I got a couple of questions. The Caseology carbon fiber case was what one guy asked about.

The other was a little let down when I said LG made it but he liked the price (for unlocked) and wanted to know if they made one with a bigger screen. I live in the City of Atlanta -- phablets are big here. :cool:

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
That's something that I enjoyed when I had the Nexus 5. I knew that no one else was going to have the same phone. I can't stand that when someone else's iPhone rings that about a dozen of us start checking our phones. Sometimes it is just nice to have something different.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Daden04

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Haven't seen any others in person yet. When I went to get it from Sprint I was actually the first person in the area to get the phone from them (at least from that particular Sprint store).

mcelmeel17

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriend's mom was so enamored by my phone that she bought herself one for Christmas lol she loves it

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, I just increased the population of Nexus 5 owners is Colorado Springs by one. I have yet to see anyone else with a Nexus 5, but I have seen a few Nexus 4s. Should be interesting as I use my phone at work for price matching and product spec lookups at a large electronics chain ;). Sadly, I have a hard time recommending the Nexus 5 from our store... Cause it is 450 for the 16gb o_O

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
When I told a friend it's a "Nexus 5", he said "WTF?" and had a condescending laugh, as if I said I bought an Emerson or Insignia TV instead of Samsung or Panasonic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL