Nexus 5 and Consumer Cellular... what works for me.

BigBoyMS

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
It seems that there are a few of us that have bought the Nexus 5 and are trying to use Consumer Cellular for a carrier. I had everything working the first day (data and MMS) but even though I am in an LTE area all I could get was HSPA. After 4 weeks of trying every configuration I finally have it working on LTE and I just want to share my settings in the hope that it will help someone else.
And even after getting LTE access I tried other settings that were posted but I found almost any variation from these settings would disable LTE or MMS.

Name: ConsumerCellular
APN: ccdata (The CC support site has att.mvno but ccdata was the one change that put me on LTE.)
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
User Name: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: not set
MMS Proxy: proxy.mvno.ccmobileweb.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: None
APN Type: default,mms,supl,fota (no spaces) (some others, on other phones, have found you need to space after the commas.)
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN Enabled (check) (not active)
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: None

Slavik Petrakov

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
OMG thank you SO MUCH.

CC tech support was utterly useless. This is the only config on the entire internet that actually works, data, LTE and MMS perfectly.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Sticky this please.

msroll

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Did not work for me. Do I have to call CC and have them do something? I have an H on old settings no connection on the new settings.

Joseph Saady

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I previously had a configuration that worked for a couple of months then stopped working (I did see an H). Like you, I tried these suggested settings and have a signal, phone and text, but mms and the web dont work. There is no longer an H. Should there be an "L"?

luvboox

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
This is what finally worked for my sister, after I had been through every APN setting I could find:

APN: ccdata
Proxy: blank or not set
Port: 80
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
Authentication type: PAP or None/Not Set
APN type: default,mms,supl,agps,fota
APN protocol: IPv4

LTE works great, finally.

zagg324

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have an unlocked Nexus 5 that I had on sprint, but I'm now with Consumer Cellular.
When I try all other suggestions on APN settings to get LTE to work, I seem to just get 2G. The H icon goes away and I don't have an internet connection. I have waited for 10 minutes to see if it would establish an LTE connection and I have also rebooted the phone, nothing works.

I can get HSPA+ and MMS working with these APN Settings though:
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: proxy.mvno.ccmobileweb.com
Server: cincular.com
MMSC: cincular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
Authentication type: PAP or CHAP
APN Type: not set

Any suggestions on how to get LTE working? Is it possible the SIM card CC sent me doesn't support LTE?

Thanks

April Southerland

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I dont have a Nexus 5 but I have tried all the settings that I am finding all over these forums and others, with no luck. My 4g will not work and not sure what I am doing wrong. I am keying it in perfectly. I haven't contacted CS yet because I have heard that they are not helpful at all. I have a I535 Samsung Galaxy S3, unlocked.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I dont have a Nexus 5 but I have tried all the settings that I am finding all over these forums and others, with no luck. My 4g will not work and not sure what I am doing wrong. I am keying it in perfectly. I haven't contacted CS yet because I have heard that they are not helpful at all. I have a I535 Samsung Galaxy S3, unlocked.

Does the S3 get LTE? I'm not sure if it does.

April Southerland

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it gets LTE. The Consumer Cellular guy called here yesterday and we tried everything, nothing is working. I know the phone used to work on VZW's LTE. It has all the options in the phone to switch it over to CDMA LTE but its not wanting to pick up anything stronger than a EDGE signal.

lastephey

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I had the same problem. I tried all, and I mean ALL, of the recommended APN settings I could find online. None worked, but it turned out that the problem was on Consumer Cellular's end. My phone had not been properly configured for 4G/LTE service. Someone in tech support re-configured my phone and then gave me the appropriate APN settings:

APN: ccdata
Username: not set
Server: httpcolondoubleforwardslash mmsc.mobile.att.net (sorry about this, i am not allowed to post links)
MMSC: httpcolondoubleforwardslash mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
Authentication type: PAP
APN type: default,mms,supl,agps,fota (no spaces)
APN protocol: lPv4
APN roaming protocol: lPv4
APN enable: checked box
Bearer: unspecified
MVNO type: none

TL;DR: these settings work for me and were provided by Consumer Cellular, but will only work if they have your phone properly configured for 4G/LTE. Hope this helps.

Dean Walsh

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello all -

Has anyone had success with the Lollipop 5.0 update? Last night I did the OTA update, and today I can't get mobile data on my Nexus 5. WiFi works fine, but the data 'bars' have an exclamation point superimposed.

I called CC support, but they were unable to help. the girl guessed that the software was ''too new".

walsh006

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
It seems that there are a few of us that have bought the Nexus 5 and are trying to use Consumer Cellular for a carrier. I had everything working the first day (data and MMS) but even though I am in an LTE area all I could get was HSPA. After 4 weeks of trying every configuration I finally have it working on LTE and I just want to share my settings in the hope that it will help someone else.
And even after getting LTE access I tried other settings that were posted but I found almost any variation from these settings would disable LTE or MMS.

APN: ccdata (The CC support site has att.mvno but ccdata was the one change that put me on LTE.)
Port: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: not set
MMS Proxy: proxy.mvno.ccmobileweb.com
Authentication type: None
APN Type: default,mms,supl,fota (no spaces) (some others, on other phones, have found you need to space after the commas.)

Just verified that BigBoyMS settings work on the Nexus 5X! Both LTE and MMS are working now, thanks.

BrieMishay

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the Nexus 6P -- Having issues with accessing my consumer cellular internet, and of course customer service is stating it is not compatible with consumer cellular's network - but I find that hard to believe? I tried the Nexus 5 P info and still nothing ... GRRRRRRRR:mad::mad::mad:

rodmur

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5x but it's currently refusing to save an APN for me, I press save, or hit the back button, it will disappear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670