Dancing folders

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I went to add another app to an existing folder and it started to play dodgem with me on my N5. I couldn't drop the app on the folder. I couldn't even create a new folder by dropping an app on another app. I rebooted the phone and I could create new folders, but I still couldn't add an app to the folder I started working on.

Are there limitations in Kitkat 4.4.2 as far as how many apps can be in a folder?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there's a limit to the number of apps a folder can contain, because it's happened to me before on the N7. Is the folder pretty full? In general, to place an app in the folder, you should drag the app in fairly briskly, which lets the system know you want to put it into the folder. To make an app or folder move out of the way, drag the app slowly.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
There are 10 apps in the folder. I tried briskly; the first try failed, but the second worked! I thought I'd tried briskly before. Typically the two icons would swap location. Weird.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, make sure you don't slow down as you move the app onto the other app or folder. Do it in one decisive motion.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had that happen as well. In that case, I just dropped the icon onto the home screen from the app drawer, and then, dragged from the home screen to the folder. It does seem to be a bit temperamental :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There are 10 apps in the folder. I tried briskly; the first try failed, but the second worked! I thought I'd tried briskly before. Typically the two icons would swap location. Weird.

By the way, I love the description, "dancing folders." I may have to steal that in the future when describing the behavior!;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2