Does this ever happen to you?
On occasion, when I'm using my phone and I get updates for apps that I have in separate folders. Folders for different apps... Category's, etc. They just disappear after updates. Which requires you to manually put them back in those folders. It's not a hassle, I don't mind it. Just wanted to know if it happens to anyone else beside me.
Posted via Android Central AppBlackBerry Bold 9700>iPhone 4>iPhone 4S>NOKIA Lumia 900>Samsung Galaxy Nexus>LG Nexus 4>Asus Nexus 7(2013)>LG Nexus 5
- 01-27-2014, 04:17 AM #2
- 01-27-2014, 10:21 AM #3
- 01-27-2014, 04:32 PM #4
- 2,621 Posts
Re: Does this ever happen to you?
Sometimes an app update will change the name or location of the launch file it points to. That won't be obvious in your app drawer because the new icon is pointing to the new file. However, when you create shortcuts (either in folders on your home screen or just on your home screen) you are creating copies which may not get updated because the update does not know they exist.Pat
Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
- By shadow536 in forum Moto XReplies: 107Last Post: 02-15-2014, 01:04 AM
- By Pratik7 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 01-29-2014, 01:59 PM
- By androidsafe in forum Tablet AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-28-2014, 11:56 AM
- By BigMonkey2013 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 01-27-2014, 07:34 AM
- By woodynorman in forum HTC OneReplies: 3Last Post: 01-27-2014, 01:31 AM