Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

Default N5 or wait for upcoming phones?

I have had enough of the HTC One phones and I'm planning on moving forward to the Nexus 5. Question is, shall I get it right away or wait for the upcoming phones such as SG5, HTC One 2 or the other SG F (possibly fake)? To be honest, Galaxy is no more of an interested to me so it's either going to be Nexus 5 for me and/or HTC One 2.

Also, is there any difference between the Google Nexus 5 and LG Nexus 5? Is it a Google edition phone like the other HTC One Google edition or it's just the same thing?

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Nexus 5 is made by LG and runs pure android like the Google play editions of the phones you mentioned.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: N5 or wait for upcoming phones?

It's a Google Nexus 5 that was manufactured by LG. LG manufactured the Nexus 4 and 5, but Samsung and HTC also made a Nexus device for Google.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Nabooy View Post
    I have had enough of the HTC One phones and I'm planning on moving forward to the Nexus 5. Question is, shall I get it right away or wait for the upcoming phones such as SG5, HTC One 2 or the other SG F (possibly fake)? To be honest, Galaxy is no more of an interested to me so it's either going to be Nexus 5 for me and/or HTC One 2.

Also, is there any difference between the Google Nexus 5 and LG Nexus 5? Is it a Google edition phone like the other HTC One Google edition or it's just the same thing?
    Same phone
    Not a Google Edition, those phones are based off of the N5

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

I would suggest you pick yourself up a Nexus 5. The phone is epic and I really can't fault it. in 2013 I had an HTC Once and Galaxy S4, the Nexus 5 doesnt compare to these phones, its so smooth and a pleasure to use. Apparently there is going to be a red Nexus 5 released soon, so if colour is important to you then hold fire for a few weeks. The Nexus 5 will still be a great phone come the end of 2014 as it will get all the updates first, its also super fast.

Normally I'd always suggest to buy when you need it but we're so close to some new phones coming out.

I think I'd wait but then again I just bought the G2 for my kid and love it sooo lol

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Chasing new technology is a losing game. The Nexus 5 is barely a few months old and is a great phone at a very reasonable price. The longer you wait, the more technology you will be able to buy..... for a price. You won't see a deal like this until the next Nexus comes out. You want to wait until the end of this year for that to happen? By then, you will be asking the same questions again.
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Thanked by:

Wait for the 6!

Nexus 5 4.4.2
    Got sideload?

I love the N5 which I would recommend to anyone however, the HTC M8 or whatever it will be called might be worth waiting for depending if you want stock or skinned android. But like what has already been mentioned with Nexus devices you will always be the first for future OS updates which is always a plus.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

I think I'll go with the N5 then. And as for the newly HTC M8, the specs are to be the same actually so there's no big deal about it. I hope I made the right choice this time.

Yeah, as others have said, don't chase the tech. The nexus is a great value, and a great phone.

Global Posts
    9,113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

If you need something right now get what you'll be most happy with. Otherwise, holdout and see what interest you and decide going a different route later. Keep in mind that although devices should be announced in the coming months, release could still be months out. So it depends on your needs and/or wants right now. The Nexus 5 is a great device, but don't count out others such as the Moto X, which is going for a great price off contract.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

You not only get the updates first. When skinned phones like Samsung, LG and so on they get older and the companies don't make any more money out of them they don't update dose phones any more.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

And what about the Nexus 6? Any idea when it will be released approximately?

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

And what about the Nexus 6? Any idea when it will be released approximately?
    No idea, but I'd guess around the same time that the N5 was released (late October/Early November)

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

I think I would wait until at least MWC at the end of February, where there are bound to be a number of new phone announced. Also, the whole Nexus program is in flux and we know what happens to support when Google decides to changes their minds.