n5 screen went blank for no reason

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
so i've had my n5 for about 3 weeks now and i am absolutely enjoying my first android experience.

last week, i was playing pl story 2 on my n5 and something funny happened. i proceeded to save the game and put the phone back to the home screen and it sat on my table for about 2 minutes. my phone is set up so that the screen turns off at the 1 minute mark. i picked up my phone to check my emails and the screen wouldn't respond. the battery was around 35% at the time.

so i plugged it in to my charger, no response (no sound either). i tried turning off the phone (no luck). i had to reset (power + volume down) the phone for it to "wake up" again. once it was up, my game was not saved and i know i saved it right before exiting the game.

this has happened once and i hope to never experience it again. is this a common problem with the n5? if so, what is the fix?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would guess that it has more do with your game than with the system software or hardware. Even though you went to the homescreen, the game was likely still running in the background, and then probably hit some glitch that froze the phone up. If it happens again, pay attention to whether or not that game was running (or recently running).

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I would guess that it has more do with your game than with the system software or hardware. Even though you went to the homescreen, the game was likely still running in the background, and then probably hit some glitch that froze the phone up. If it happens again, pay attention to whether or not that game was running (or recently running).

that's what i'm hoping for.

well, i've been playing pl story 2 non-stop the past three days and it's been working fine. no hiccups. yet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol