Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default weird 4G behavior

Hi,
    when i enable my 4G, i get the feeling that the phone loses connection longer and more often...
    i'll explain :
    when i limit my phone to 3G, when no 3G is available, i go instantly from 3G to edge... and almost never get with no data at all...
    however, with 4G enabled, when there's some 4g, i see i got some, but if i move to a place where there's none, the phone has no data for like 30 sec before enabling 3G...
    and same goes for when the screen is off... i turn screen on, and then i'm with no data, have to wait like 30 sec and only then i get data...
    is this a normal behaviour ?

thanks
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: weird 4G behavior

Quote Originally Posted by bagou01 View Post
    Hi,
    when i enable my 4G, i get the feeling that the phone loses connection longer and more often...
    i'll explain :
    when i limit my phone to 3G, when no 3G is available, i go instantly from 3G to edge... and almost never get with no data at all...
    however, with 4G enabled, when there's some 4g, i see i got some, but if i move to a place where there's none, the phone has no data for like 30 sec before enabling 3G...
    and same goes for when the screen is off... i turn screen on, and then i'm with no data, have to wait like 30 sec and only then i get data...
    is this a normal behaviour ?

thanks
    Yes, it is a normal behavior because all this time you device also need to identify what needs to be done.... look from your point of view its just a click but again in system there are thousands of process running !! So, don't think more about it as it is completely normal process.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: weird 4G behavior

ok i guess i'll just disable 4G then, because having to wait 30sec when turning the phone on, is a bit long...

thanks