Can the back/menu buttons be reversed?

scraggles

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming from a Galaxy Note 3 and I'm used to "back" being on the right, and "menu" being on the left. Can I reverse them on the nexus? I haven't picked up the nexus yet but I know it'll drive me nuts if I can't. I've been using Galaxy Phones for years.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from a Galaxy Note 3 and I'm used to "back" being on the right, and "menu" being on the left. Can I reverse them on the nexus? I haven't picked up the nexus yet but I know it'll drive me nuts if I can't. I've been using Galaxy Phones for years.

Not in any "normal" way, no. I suppose this could be done on a rooted phone running a custom ROM/kernel though.

scraggles

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Well thats disappointing. I suppose I'll get used to it. But I typically use the phone with my right hand and hit the back button a thousand times a day, and the menu button maybe 5. Figured it'd be nice to have it closer to the thumb that does all the work! I suppose it won't be too far away as I'm so used to the Note 3 size now.

merv69

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
It can be done. The phone needs to be rooted and needs xposed installer and then either the gravity box or xblast modules. At least those are what worked for me.

Via my LG Nexus 5...

Goodfella1978

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I've reversed the buttons too but as mentioned above, only managed it as I'm rooted running Cyanogenmod 11. I feel your pain though!

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1