Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Default Can the back/menu buttons be reversed?

I'm coming from a Galaxy Note 3 and I'm used to "back" being on the right, and "menu" being on the left. Can I reverse them on the nexus? I haven't picked up the nexus yet but I know it'll drive me nuts if I can't. I've been using Galaxy Phones for years.

Default Re: Can the back/menu buttons be reversed?

Quote Originally Posted by scraggles View Post
    I'm coming from a Galaxy Note 3 and I'm used to "back" being on the right, and "menu" being on the left. Can I reverse them on the nexus? I haven't picked up the nexus yet but I know it'll drive me nuts if I can't. I've been using Galaxy Phones for years.
    Not in any "normal" way, no. I suppose this could be done on a rooted phone running a custom ROM/kernel though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Well thats disappointing. I suppose I'll get used to it. But I typically use the phone with my right hand and hit the back button a thousand times a day, and the menu button maybe 5. Figured it'd be nice to have it closer to the thumb that does all the work! I suppose it won't be too far away as I'm so used to the Note 3 size now.

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts

It can be done. The phone needs to be rooted and needs xposed installer and then either the gravity box or xblast modules. At least those are what worked for me.

Via my LG Nexus 5...

I've reversed the buttons too but as mentioned above, only managed it as I'm rooted running Cyanogenmod 11. I feel your pain though!

Posted via Android Central App