Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to selectively turn off notifications

I don't like my phone to make alot of noises, especially at night. However, I want to hear it ring (obviously) and when I get texts. I really don't care about anything else. But, I don't need to know if I get an email on something like one of my junk email accounts. So how does one go about selectively disabling these sounds? If you go to Settings>device>sounds, the ringtones and notifications are lumped in together. How can I disable these other annoying sounds like receipt of FB updates, emails, etc.

Default Re: How to selectively turn off notifications

You have to go into the settings for each app and turn off the notifications. You can turn off the sound, vibrate or notifications all together.

Global Posts
    22,246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: How to selectively turn off notifications

Quote Originally Posted by alleno756 View Post
    I don't like my phone to make alot of noises, especially at night. However, I want to hear it ring (obviously) and when I get texts. I really don't care about anything else. But, I don't need to know if I get an email on something like one of my junk email accounts. So how does one go about selectively disabling these sounds? If you go to Settings>device>sounds, the ringtones and notifications are lumped in together. How can I disable these other annoying sounds like receipt of FB updates, emails, etc.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Do you want to disable notifications entirely or just at night?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here