Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By ffejjj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question possible to remove the google search bar on the home screen without rooting?

i remember seeing something like that on this forum before. it was a nice, clean looking home screen and it didn't have the google search bar on the top.

is this possible? if so, does it require rooting?

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Yeah, you have to use a different launcher, like nova launcher

No you don't need root

Nexus 5 4.4.2
    Got sideload?
    Thanked by:

Default Re: possible to remove the google search bar on the home screen without rooting?

Why would you want to remove it, I think it look nice up there, and would help to make quick searches

Default Re: possible to remove the google search bar on the home screen without rooting?

Yes, but it's nice to have the option to remove it. You can always search by bringing up Google Now. And some phones still have a hardware search button, which makes the search bar a little redundant.

Posted via Android Central App
    JConn_Lefty likes this.

It is a peculiar software design choice. All of the non Nexus Android devices allow you to remove the Google search bar from the home screen. I never had an issue with it. But I do wonder why they insist that it cannot be removed.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by babyrootz View Post
    Why would you want to remove it, I think it look nice up there, and would help to make quick searches
    i dont think it looks nice at all.

It could look better. I like this one

possible to remove the google search bar on the home screen without rooting?-1390962818259.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    JConn_Lefty likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

that does look nice. is it a theme?

Zooper widget

Ambassador

possible to remove the google search bar on the home screen without rooting?-1390966088477.jpg

Lots of choices, this is a couple

Ambassador
    Thanked by:

I use this:

Very light for a replacement launcher, which is what I was looking for, and allows you to hide the search bar.
    Thanked by: