How do you wake the screen while on a call?

BigBoyMS

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I had my power button set for call hang-up but I haven't found a way to wake the screen without using the power button. I hung up on 2 people last night trying to wake the screen. I figured the accelerometer would sense movement and turn it on when I picked it up or made an ear to face view movement . So, is there a way to wake the screen without using the power button?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The screen should turn off when you bring the phone to your ear and back on again when you move it away. If this isn't working correctly it may be that you have a screen protector which is covering the proximity sensor (top right corner of screen) and causing it to not function correctly.

Frankly, I don't like the "power button ends call" scenario. Too easy to accidentally disconnect...

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't use 'power button to hand up' the call for this exact reason. Typically, I don't hangup the phone call because the other end usually hangup first. But pressing the on screen button to hang up is not that hard to do. There is no reason the use power button, which is the only button to wake up the screen, for this task.

BigBoyMS

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I was actually using earbuds and the phone was laying on the table. So if it uses the proximity sensor instead of the accelerometer then that's why it didn't wake when I picked it up and moved it. Now I need to test it. :) Thanks!

BigBoyMS

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't use 'power button to hand up' the call for this exact reason. Typically, I don't hangup the phone call because the other end usually hangup first. But pressing the on screen button to hang up is not that hard to do. There is no reason the use power button, which is the only button to wake up the screen, for this task.

I will probably end up leaving "power button to hang up" turned off but I have the habit of using the power button since it was what I used on my old phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34