.m4a Poor Headphone Quality

la_langosta

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Nexus 5 for about 2 months now and love it, however one thing is driving me insane. The sound quality of .m4a files through headphones is atrocious! I have used a number of different music apps with the same result. I am syncing from iTunes using doubleTwist and all .mp3 files sound great and very clear but anything that was purchased via iTunes or imported as an .aac file sounds like it is in mono and very muffled.

Besides individually checking the format of every song in iTunes and then converting .m4a to .mp3, which I want to avoid due to loss of sound quality, does anyone have any suggestions why this might be occuring?

I should mention I am using a pair of Sony in-ear headphones (nothing amazing) but it can't be headphone quality as .mp3's sound fine.

Thanks!

TexasNexus1

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
You didn't mention if you were rooted but if you are the Viper4android is your answer. I love it... it's in the Play Store. If you're not rooted google wugfresh toolkit and search YouTube for ez to follow instructions for wug's root kit. really simple, it's a Nexus!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

la_langosta

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
You didn't mention if you were rooted but if you are the Viper4android is your answer. I love it... it's in the Play Store. If you're not rooted google wugfresh toolkit and search YouTube for ez to follow instructions for wug's root kit. really simple, it's a Nexus!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

I had a look at the toolkit but want to avoid rooting my device if possible. I'm not hugely into that side of using my phone etc. but was more after a quick fix if possible...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay