.m4a Poor Headphone Quality
I've had my Nexus 5 for about 2 months now and love it, however one thing is driving me insane. The sound quality of .m4a files through headphones is atrocious! I have used a number of different music apps with the same result. I am syncing from iTunes using doubleTwist and all .mp3 files sound great and very clear but anything that was purchased via iTunes or imported as an .aac file sounds like it is in mono and very muffled.
Besides individually checking the format of every song in iTunes and then converting .m4a to .mp3, which I want to avoid due to loss of sound quality, does anyone have any suggestions why this might be occuring?
I should mention I am using a pair of Sony in-ear headphones (nothing amazing) but it can't be headphone quality as .mp3's sound fine.
- 01-29-2014, 09:49 PM #2
- 37 Posts
Re: .m4a Poor Headphone Quality
You didn't mention if you were rooted but if you are the Viper4android is your answer. I love it... it's in the Play Store. If you're not rooted google wugfresh toolkit and search YouTube for ez to follow instructions for wug's root kit. really simple, it's a Nexus!
Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
- By ansa82 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 42Last Post: 11-14-2014, 09:34 PM
- By Dswann3 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 58Last Post: 02-12-2014, 09:30 AM
- By Astronomer cykiller in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 8Last Post: 01-30-2014, 06:21 PM
- By skirush2014 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 01-29-2014, 11:03 PM
- By Anon8154066 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-29-2014, 09:24 AM