- 4 Posts
Nexus 5. Help finding files using windows 8
I am re-posting this from the 4.4 forum hopefully that is okay. I am new here and don't wanna break any rules. This may be better suited here however.
I just got a Nexus 5 yesterday and received a song from my friend. He made it using rockband but it is saved as an m4a. I can view over 19 folders using Astro File viewer on my phone but when I connect to my HP laptop running Windows 8.1 i can only view 12 folders. I used astro to move the song to a folder I can view on my laptop but it shows up as empty even though I know the file is in there. Why wont my laptop recognize many of these files. I would like to be able to move the song to google play so I can have it in my cloud but it is as though the file does not exist. Is there any way to make all these files appear. I have usb debugging on and have tried connecting as both PTP and MTP. I am coming from a Galaxy S 3 so this is a bit different as i do not have removable storage. Thanks in Advance. Nick
- 01-29-2014, 11:25 PM #2
Re: Nexus 5. Help finding files using windows 8Android Central Moderator
Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1)
Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!
Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
- By Alexis Momney in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 11-14-2014, 06:54 AM
- By Nicholas Forsythe in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 4Last Post: 02-01-2014, 08:13 PM
- By hockey9592 in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 1Last Post: 01-29-2014, 09:59 PM
- By puffiestpanda in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 01-29-2014, 07:28 PM
- By Del Wright in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 01-29-2014, 06:05 PM