Unbelievably torn

CTMeow

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I recently broke my Nexus 4, unfortunate, I know. I made the switch to Android about a year ago, coming from a blackberry, and never thought I'd look back. I'm now faced with a bit of a predicament. With an upgrade available for me, it's feasible, as it wasn't when I purchased my Nexus, to consider buying the 5s. I love stock android, plain and simple, and I have no regrets about purchasing a substantially larger phone. I have nothing against Iphones, they just weren't for me at the time. Now, however, as me and my friends have gone off to university, Imessage is how all of my closely knit friends stay in touch. I feel left out, to say the least. That and the Itouch on the 5s is tempting me to make the move, at least for now, to the dark side. I still can't quite move past purchasing a brand new, Nexus 5 however. The updates, screen, and operating system are all pulling me in. Granted this is an Android forum, and this may seem an odd place to be asking a question about switching the iphone, I'm still partial to Android and thought the bias may play well into my personal opinion. The last thing I want is buyers remorse. All you central members who have switched to Iphones or vice versa, opinions would be fantastic.

Much thanks.

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Best thing to do, go buy an Iphone 5S on your credit card unlocked from Apple. Try it out for 1 week and you will get an idea if this is for you or not. When you got your answer return device and then you can purchase it via you carrier on contract or switch to any other device.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little confused about your comments regarding iMessage. How do you feel left out? When you send text messages to their iPhones, they receive them and vice versa correct?

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

CTMeow

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little confused about your comments regarding iMessage. How do you feel left out? When you send text messages to their iPhones, they receive them and vice versa correct?

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Guess that was a little confusing. I meant Imessage in the group chat sense, as they all refuse to use anything like hangouts or bbm.

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Guess that was a little confusing. I meant Imessage in the group chat sense, as they all refuse to use anything like hangouts or bbm.

My family all has iPhones with iMessage and I am the only Android user. Group chats work just fine...

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
My family all has iPhones with iMessage and I am the only Android user. Group chats work just fine...
Yep, +1. Only time I have ran into issues with group chats is if their is more than 10 people in the chat. Group chat mixed with iPhone / Android works flawlessly.
I have an iPhone 5 I bought for the cheap of Craigslist. I tried using it about two months ago as my daily driver.... just could not deal with the cute little screen. I use it now to play
Minigore 2 Zombies... I am actually considering trading it for an iPad mini. I could just not use and iPhone as my phone. Just my opinion, FWIW.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

They sound like jerks if they refuse to use something that you could participate with. I wouldn't make myself unhappy by using iOS just to talk to people like that. Real friends would use Hangouts or Whatsapp so that you could join in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463