Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Factory reset

So I just did a factory reset, and I call tell that after 2 month of use it does slow down to a point that you can really tell. It does it gradually so you can't really tell, but after the reset you can really tell. All snapy and fluid. I bet they have to be many reasons for that.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    20,825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Factory reset

I have had my N5 for only a month, but I do a cache clear monthly on all my devices. So far I have noticed nothing wrong.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

I agree with the Golfdriver. No need to factory reset. Booting into recovery and wiping the cache partition should be enough

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Consider changing from Dalvik to ART (Android Run Time) in the Developer Settings. If you don't have the Developer Settings menu, go to Settings>About Phone, and tap Build Number 7 times in succession. Then go back to the main Settings menu, and you'll see Developer Settings. Go to that menu, turn on Developer Settings by flipping the switch at the upper right, then tap Select Runtime and pick ART. The phone will reboot, which will take about 10 minutes as all the apps are optimized for ART.

ART changes all apps to pre-compiled code, rather than the "just-in-time" compiling that gets done with traditional Android (which is how Dalvik works). Apps that run pre-compiled generally start and work a little faster.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well I am root and I mess something up so I end up doing a factory reset. I am at work and I don't have my computer here, but that was my plan clear the cache. If you clear cache very often you won't notice the difference, but wait at least 2 month and clear the cache and you would see the difference. I know I did.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It was on Art.

Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by joselito76 View Post
    Well I am root and I mess something up so I end up doing a factory reset. I am at work and I don't have my computer here, but that was my plan clear the cache. If you clear cache very often you won't notice the difference, but wait at least 2 month and clear the cache and you would see the difference. I know I did.

You don't need a computer to clear the cache. Just boot into recovery mode

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    You don't need a computer to clear the cache. Just boot into recovery mode

I know I did it by mistake playing with the recovery mode, but thanks anyway