Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Default How to transfer data from HTC One?

Just got my brand new Nexus 5 and I'm wondering how do I transfer all of data including music/photos from HTC One mini? Do I have to use the transfer tool that comes up with the device already or what?
    Last edited by Nabooy; 02-01-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Global Posts
    7,809 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: How to transfer data from HTC One?

Quote Originally Posted by Nabooy View Post
    Just got my brand new Nexus 5 and I'm wondering how do I transfer all of data including music/photos from HTC One mini? Do I have to use the transfer tool that comes up with the device already or what?
    The Nexus 5 (LG) does not have a client to make sync'ing as easy as other OEM's do (HTC, Samsung). You can manually transfer those files over from the HTC to the Nexus 5 via a computer. Regarding Apps, make sure on the HTC One you have enabled "back up my data" from settings > backup & reset. Also make sure that "Automatic Restore" is selected. Then go into Settings > Accounts > Google and make sure you're contacts are sync'ed to make sure you don't lose anything. Text messages can be backed-up with a third-party App such as "SMS Backup and Restore".

Hope this helps some. If there are easier solutions that someone else knows about please chime in .
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

So there is no way to restore the phone contacts which is much more important to me?

Posted via Android Central App

Just make sure you have data backup and restore enabled on your old phone. When you enable data backup and restore on your new phone, your new phone restores data and apps, including your people (phone contacts). It even restores all your WiFi locations. You will be very pleased!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app