Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts

Default Google+ has a cache of 1.3 gigs and is my most used so in history?

What's going on. Gsam battery says it's been running the most among all my apps and it's cache is up to 1.3 gigs.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Default Re: Google+ has a cache of 1.3 gigs and is my most used so in history?

Quote Originally Posted by smalba View Post
    What's going on. Gsam battery says it's been running the most among all my apps and it's cache is up to 1.3 gigs.
    You can clear the cache since it won't erase any user information. Not sure why it got so high in the first place, but now you can track it and see if it's still happening
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts

Yeah I did that and I also stopped it from running and an going to watch it for a fee hours here and see what happens.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Cool. Let me know how it goes
    If it was draining the battery, try setting it to update manually, not "push" or any set interval
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts

Okay so it's still happening. I just keep clearing the cache whether it gets up to 500 mb. It's annoying because it gets up there in about an hour or two. Thankfully I have unlimited data from Sprint but this is not right.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Download Clean Master. It helps clear out memory and with the recent update it is a beautiful and extremely functional app. It will help the problem.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by PacManDroid View Post
    Download Clean Master. It helps clear out memory and with the recent update it is a beautiful and extremely functional app. It will help the problem.

Posted via Android Central App
    Although he might sound like spam, it's true. According to the app I cleared out 1.2 gigs total. And I just got it last week!

From mah shiny new Nexus 5

I checked mine because I was trying to figure out why Google+ is using so much data and battery power even though I have it set to wi-fi only, and no notifications. My Cache was 1.2 GB as well, so I cleared it and now it's like 1mb. We'll see how it goes but that seemed odd to me. No reason for the Cache to go that high.