Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cassie_RVT
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Red face Android Run Time?

Hi Everyone!! I'm new here and excited to join in. I got the Nexus 5 3 weeks ago and I LOVE IT. Its so awesome and I'm so glad I chose it!! (took me a while to pick a new phone, it was N5 vs GS4) I think I made the right choice

Anyways, I just was wondering how many of you are using ART on your nexus 5's? I heard it can help with battery life and stuff and I am not a super phone tech person so I didn't want to play with settings too much before I thought of using that option. What are your thoughts?
    So far I'm not a heavy user of my phone. I usually charge it every other day but lately now I plug it in before I go out to work or elsewhere on a daily basis.

Global Posts
    17,351 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Android Run Time?

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie_RVT View Post
    Hi Everyone!! I'm new here and excited to join in. I got the Nexus 5 3 weeks ago and I LOVE IT. Its so awesome and I'm so glad I chose it!! (took me a while to pick a new phone, it was N5 vs GS4) I think I made the right choice

Anyways, I just was wondering how many of you are using ART on your nexus 5's? I heard it can help with battery life and stuff and I am not a super phone tech person so I didn't want to play with settings too much before I thought of using that option. What are your thoughts?
    So far I'm not a heavy user of my phone. I usually charge it every other day but lately now I plug it in before I go out to work or elsewhere on a daily basis.

Welcome to the forums.
    I love ART. Runs much better than Dalvik. I do not have the greatest battery life on my N5, but I think that is more due to the poor signal reception from my carrier than the OS or software.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

I've been using ART since day one, and have had only one program conflict, for the programs I use, that being Slingplayer. I don't use my phone for streaming my movies, so it's no issue. I've also heard that WhatsApp does not play nice with ART.

What's app works fine with ART on 4.2.2. Personally I've been using it for a while. Not convinced battery life is any better but I've had no problems so I'll keep using it

Posted via Android Central App

No problems so far for me on ART.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aldo82 View Post
    What's app works fine with ART on 4.2.2. Personally I've been using it for a while. Not convinced battery life is any better but I've had no problems so I'll keep using it

LOL. And how about on 4.4.2?

ROM
    DanteROM

Switched to ART myself today, no issues but FF5 doesn't launch. Doesn't bother me much cause I'd rather play that on my tablet anyways

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I am running ART on my 4, 5, and 7. No problems on any of the devices.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Cool, thank everyone for your replies! Perhaps i will now make the switch.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Remember, you can always switch back without ill effect!