1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Help! weird problem with my phone!

Hello,

My nexus 5 is brand new and I already have a weird problem with my phone:
    Every few calls, when I get a call or I call someone- my phone starts making a ringing sound while the call is on! The person on the other side doesn't hear this - but sometimes the ringing goes on for a long time and I can't hear what that person is even saying!!
    This ringing can go on even after I end the call- the phone will be just sitting on the table, untouched, and all of a sudden make this ringing noise again a few times before it stops.
    This is really, REALLY, irritating.

The only thing I can think of is that this is some sort of virus- but I downloaded "Lookout" which didn't find anything in a scan.
    Can someone please help me with this annoying problem?

Thanks..

Default Re: Help! weird problem with my phone!

That's really weird. What apps have you installed? Did it happen as soon as you got it or after a few days? What sort of ring tone is it? I feel for you! Must be so annoying

Posted via Android Central App

That's a weird problem. The only one I've heard of is the phone not ringing. My only recommendation is doing a factory reset

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Welcome to Android Central? Can you describe the sound? Is it like a chime? Might be related to NFC. Try turning that off.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hi. the sound is like a three-tone ring (like an old style ringtone) repeating itself one to.. I don't know, maybe 10 times in a row.
    Not like a chime at all...
    What's the NFC?

I have only installed apps from the google play stores.. apps like CamScan, Waze, Youtube, Facebook and Facebook chat, nothing weird and nothing not from google-play.
    :\

NFC is Near Field Communication. Many phones have an NFC chip, which allows you to transfer information by simply bringing the phone close to another NFC transmitter. (This is the technology that allows a person to use his or her phone as a wallet, if it's enabled). I just recently saw another post from someone who was experiencing something similar, and it ended being due to NFC.

To turn it off, go to Settings>Wireless & Networks, tap More, then uncheck NFC. Then see if that tone goes away.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Is it the Hangouts Video call tone? because mine does this sometimes. Don't know why but its never caused an issue........but can be scary in the middle of the night