loose piece inside the phone?

bagou01

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
since recently, wen the phone is on my ear, and i walk, i can hear a piece rattling inside at each step i make.
it's not the buttons cause i tried holding them with my fingers and the noise is still there, could it be the camera autofocus like it is on some phones (i had the same issue with my N4 but didn't hear it when walking).

am i the only one?

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My power button is loose and rattles, it's not a major issue for me but it's something that shouldn't be allowed to happen.

bagou01

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
i don't think it's one of my buttons as i maintain them pressed and it still rattles.
i think more of the autofocus

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
i don't think it's one of my buttons as i maintain them pressed and it still rattles.
i think more of the autofocus

The rattle sound you are hearing is the release pin for the sim card tray. If you hold the sim release tool in the pin hole slot and shake the phone you will not hear a rattle. You have nothing to worry about. My Nexus 4 did it as well as my Nexus 5.

Cheers,

mojo rising

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
My phone started rattling last week after owning it for 3 weeks. I called them and they are sending me a replacement. It will be a pain to set up the new phone but it shouldn't rattle after 3 weeks.

Paskell

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hold your phone up to your ear and shake it I think it's something to do with the camera stabilisation

Posted via Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
since recently, wen the phone is on my ear, and i walk, i can hear a piece rattling inside at each step i make.
it's not the buttons cause i tried holding them with my fingers and the noise is still there, could it be the camera autofocus like it is on some phones (i had the same issue with my N4 but didn't hear it when walking).

am i the only one?
It's not an issue, its a feature. If you don't want it to rattle then it will not have the ability to focus. You don't have to worry about it so much longer, soon camera will have liquid lenses.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'd think if there were a loose piece inside the phone, there'd be more problems than a rattle. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I suspect one reason we get nexus so cheap is no quality control after manufacture and assembly

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18