Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 Hardware - Volume and Power buttons

Hello,

got a new nexus 5 today, everything is fine, have 2 questions, please assist.

1. Which kind of cover/casing is good and by the way, the screen guard is come by default.

2. All buttons work properly and there is no sound If i shake/make calls, but I noticed one thing, I think there are not even(not perfectly flat), Is this normal as power button functions normally and second thing is when I hold the button, I can move the buttons up and down(small movement) and there is a very tiny sound. Any body experienced this ? Will putting a case solve this problem ?

cheers,
    avs

Global Posts
    1,307 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Nexus 5 Hardware - Volume and Power buttons

I am sporting a Tech 21 case and they also sell a screen protector but it comes separately. As far as your second question goes, I do not understand the question. The power button makes a noise and moves up and down?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi chuck,

thanks for reply. I will rephrase my question, maybe I did not tell properly. If I roll over the power button in my finger(assuming that it should be fixed in position), I can sense that it moves forward and backward, If this does not help, maybe, I will just take it to service center and get it checked once.

Tech 21 case is not available where I stay(in India), How about this one ? Which is better ? Nexus 5 Bumper Case or LG QuickCover for Nexus 5 or i-Blason Google Nexus 5.

cheers,
    avs

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash Nag View Post
    If I roll over the power button in my finger(assuming that it should be fixed in position), I can sense that it moves forward and backward, If this does not help, maybe, I will just take it to service center and get it checked once.
    Search for loose power button rattle on Nexus 5 hereand you'll see a LOT of posts referring to this. It can be irritating, but doesn't affect the functionality of the phone.