Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By someguy01234
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tired of searching with no luck, need lock screen customization help please

whats up guy!
    So this is what I want. I just got my Nexus 5, oh yeah!, but I really liked how my Droid M lock screen looked, with the unlock option to the right, the camera option and the text option... you guys know what I'm talking about. but I will upload a pic for the members that have never seen a Moto lock screen
    The second thing I'd like to do to my lock screen is to be able to add more than 1 widget. I've seen pictures of people having 3 different widgets on their lock screen, but I'm just able to add 1 per screen. I'm adding a picture for this too.
    I have more customization questions but I'm just gonna bother you guys with these 2 for now... I like to figure out these thing on my own but this time i was not able to.
    Oh! and can I add the silent/ ring toggle too? that was very useful
    thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, no root here
    Quote Originally Posted by papelet View Post
    whats up guy!
    So this is what I want. I just got my Nexus 5, oh yeah!, but I really liked how my Droid M lock screen looked, with the unlock option to the right, the camera option and the text option... you guys know what I'm talking about. but I will upload a pic for the members that have never seen a Moto lock screen
    The second thing I'd like to do to my lock screen is to be able to add more than 1 widget. I've seen pictures of people having 3 different widgets on their lock screen, but I'm just able to add 1 per screen. I'm adding a picture for this too.
    I have more customization questions but I'm just gonna bother you guys with these 2 for now... I like to figure out these thing on my own but this time i was not able to.
    thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tired of searching with no luck, need lock screen customization help please-screen-lock-motorola.png   Tired of searching with no luck, need lock screen customization help please-screen-showidgets.jpg  

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts

Default Re: Tired of searching with no luck, need lock screen customization help please

The app widget locker should do what you want done. Not sure if you've tried that or not.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Tired of searching with no luck, need lock screen customization help please

For the first image, its not 3 different widgets on a single lockscreen, you can only have 1 widget per page, but you can have multiple pages. To enable this, go to Settings -> Security -> check "Enable widgets".
    Then go to your lockscreen. Swipe down from the clock, it will expand, tap and hold on it, it will let you drag the clock to the trashcan, then you can add a new widget. While the widget is expanded, you can also swipe right to go to a new page to add more widgets.

As for the second image, it's generally referred to as the lock ring. The app "WidgetLocker" can give you this feature. Otherwise, you need to install a custom rom such as CyanogenMod or AOKP.
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I haven't but I'll give it a try. Thanks!

I am baffled by what you are complaining about. You seem to not know how to put widgets on your home screen. I have several, and even folders with more widgets on the main home screen. In fact, it came that way, and I have added more.

First official Android Manual instructions:
    1. Go to the Home screen where you want to place the app.
    2. Touch the All Apps icon.
    3. Swipe from right to left, if necessary, to find the app you want.
    4. Touch & hold the app until the Home screen appears, slide it
    into place, and lift your finger.

Second official instructions:
    On Nexus 5, touch & hold the background of any home screen to reveal the widgets control.
    To move an app or widget to another position:
    Touch & hold the icon.
    Slide your finger to the new position.
    To move between Home screens, slide toward the edge of the screen.
    To bump another icon out of the way, slide slowly into it.
    Lift your finger.

For creating folders, push one widget over another and let go. Then open the folder it creates and rename it.

Quote Originally Posted by papelet View Post
    whats up guy!
    thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, no root here
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

You have no idea of what I'm talking about.
    No disrespect but you should have noticed the difference between LOCK screen and HOME screen