Switched to ATT prepaid and now Google Voicemail not picking up

rtdroid72

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I just switched to ATT from Verizon. I have my cell number that I ported to ATT, and I also have a google voice number. The google voice number is for my business and I have all calls forwarded to my cell number. Previously any call that went to the google number and I didn't answer, the google voicemail would pick up. Any call that went to my cell number would be answered by the Verizon voicemail.

Now that I am with ATT, all calls go to the ATT voicemail regardless of which number you call. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I just switched to ATT from Verizon. I have my cell number that I ported to ATT, and I also have a google voice number. The google voice number is for my business and I have all calls forwarded to my cell number. Previously any call that went to the google number and I didn't answer, the google voicemail would pick up. Any call that went to my cell number would be answered by the Verizon voicemail.

Now that I am with ATT, all calls go to the ATT voicemail regardless of which number you call. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!
Go into your Google Voice settings on a PC and stop forwarding GV calls to your cell number.

rtdroid72

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I just read that GV will send to voicemail at 25 seconds. If the carrier voicemail picks up before 25 seconds then the call automatically goes to carrier. If this is true, is there anyway for ATT voicemail setting to be changed to pick up after 25 seconds?

rtdroid72

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Fixed it. Chatted with ATT and they extended the voicemail pickup time to 30 seconds. Now GV picks up when someone calls google number, and carrier picks up when someone calls my carrier number. Hope this helps someone in the future.